Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites are like peanut butter balls with extra crunch. Sandwich filling between pretzels and dip in white chocolate!
These peanut butter pretzel bites are a delicious, crunchy combination of sweet and salty! They are an easy, kid-friendly treat that is perfect for Christmas but can be made any time of the year.
Why Use Pretzels To Make These Treats
Sometimes I don’t have time to dip truffles/balls. Or maybe it is more that I don’t feel like making the time to dip them, especially when there are 30 treats to dip.
So, instead of making peanut butter balls, I made these crispy peanut butter pretzels bites with the dough sandwiched between pretzels and only dipped one half. This saved me so much time since I could hold onto one side of the cookies while dipping the other side…no dipping tools involved!
Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites Ingredients
The filling sandwiched in the middle is based on a recipe for peanut butter balls that a friend gave to me years ago.
- Peanut Butter: We used crunchy peanut butter for extra crunchy little treats but you can use an equal amount of creamy peanut butter if you prefer.
- Marshmallow Cream: The marshmallow cream adds sweetness and gives the filling a light, fluffy texture.
- Vanilla: Add a little vanilla extract for flavor. These would also be delicious with maple flavoring.
- Rice Krispies: This recipe uses Rice Krispies for more crunch while keeping the filling light.
- White Chocolate: The peanut butter pretzel bites are dipped in melted white chocolate
- Shortening: Adding a little shortening to the chocolate chips helps thin the chocolate so that it coats the pretzel bites better.
- Sprinkles: Add some color with sprinkles that match the occasion.
Frequently Asked Questions About Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
Yes, you can make these with a peanut butter alternative but you may have to adjust the amount you add depending on the thickness/oil content of the nut butter you choose.
Yes, you can use pretzel twists instead of the square pretzels.
Yes, you can make them ahead of time and freeze them.
Want more bite-sized Christmas treats recipes? Try these next:
Candy Bar Pretzel Bites are easy to make with mini candy bars sandwiched between pretzels. They’re perfect for cookie exchanges or in a mason jar as a gift!
With only THREE ingredients, Rolo Pretzel Turtles are so easy to make! They can be made as a quick treat or given as gifts during the holidays.
This microwave Caramel Candy recipe makes soft, melt-in-your-mouth caramels that everyone loves! Made with only 5 ingredients, they are a family tradition.
Homemade Chocolate Truffles have a thin chocolate shell with melt-in-your-mouth smooth chocolate inside! Give as a gift to your loved ones.