This Easy Key Lime Pie recipe is a perfect summer dessert! Not only is it cool, creamy and refreshing, it is also easy to make! Sponsored by Clever Girls Collective.
With Easter just around the corner, I’ve been thinking about Easter dinner with ham and all the trimmings which is always delicious but the highlight of these family dinners is the dessert. We usually have pie at our holiday meals so I decided to try to make my very first key lime pie.
I am all about finding easy, yet delicious desserts so I made this Easy Key Lime Pie with COOL WHIP Whipped Topping as one of the main ingredients!
Whisk lime gelatin into boiling water and stir until dissolved. Then, add the key lime or lime juice (fresh squeezed or bottled). Once the gelatin mixture has cooled, add the key lime pie yogurt.
Add one container of COOL WHIP and green food coloring, if desired. The food coloring was the last thing I added because after mixing everything together, I realized that I wanted to make the green more noticeable.
Spoon mixture into graham cracker crust and smooth out. Place in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours.
To make a lime curl, I cut a slice of a lime and then cut off the green part of the peel. The peel didn’t want to stay curled up so I twisted it around a pencil and let it sit while pie was setting.
Put slices of pie onto plates, top with a dollop of COOL WHIP from the second container and add the lime curl.
My husband has always been a huge key lime fan, but I had never tried key lime pie until last Christmas at my in-laws. I really enjoyed it and have wanted to try making my own.
This recipe was easy to make and I am so happy with the results. Now, I want to try this same recipe using various flavors of gelatin and yogurt! Just picture trying strawberry, lemon, raspberry or cherry.
It would even be fun to mix the gelatin and yogurt flavors by making a raspberry/lime pie or strawberry/lemon pie which would probably taste like strawberry lemonade!
Easy Key Lime Pie
- Whisk lime gelatin into boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- Add the key lime juice.
- Once the gelatin mixture has cooled, add the key lime pie yogurt.
- Add a 8oz container of COOL WHIP and green food coloring, if desired.
- Spoon mixture into graham cracker crust and smooth out.
- Place in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours.
- To make a lime curl, cut a thin slice of a lime and then cut off the green part of the peel. Twist the slice around a pencil and let it dry while the pie is chilling.
- Put slices of pie onto plates, top each slice with a tablespoon of COOL WHIP and a lime curl.
Love using COOL WHIP? Check out these recipes: