Flavorful Mango Chicken with mango salsa on top gives you a little taste of summer! Serve it on top of rice, in tacos, or on a salad.
Grilled chicken is one of our favorite summer dinner recipes!
Chicken is such a great main dish for family dinners because there are endless ways to prepare it, and each way is unique! This mango chicken has that sweet and tangy combo that is hard to resist, and the mango salsa on top brings it to the next level.
What You’ll Find In This Post
Mango Chicken Marinade
Start by making the marinade. Mix together mango nectar, honey, ancho chili powder, lime juice, and soy sauce.
Pour 1/4 cup of the mixture into a separate bowl and set aside to use later as a glaze. To the remaining mixture, add the olive oil and rice vinegar.
What can I substitute for mango nectar?
If you can’t find mango nectar at your grocery store, you could use mango juice instead. Or try a mango juice blend such as mango pineapple or mango peach. Another option would be to puree mangos and add water to thin out the puree.
Flatten the chicken breasts and then place them in a large ziptop bag. Pour in the marinade, seal the bag, and turn to coat the chicken breasts with the marinade. Place the bag in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow the chicken to marinate.
How To Make Mango Chicken
We enjoy grilled chicken year-round, and when the weather won’t permit outdoor grilling, we use our cast iron grill pan indoors. I was only able to fit two chicken breasts in the pan, so I had to cook my four chicken breasts in two batches.
Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium heat. Grease the grill grates and place the chicken on the grill or the pan. Discard the remaining marinade. Close the grill cover or cover your pan and cook the chicken for 6 minutes. Turn the chicken over.
Brush the chicken breasts with the mango glaze. Cover and cook for three minutes. Brush with the glaze again and then cook for an additional three-five minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165˚F.
Ways To Serve
Mango chicken is best when topped with mango salsa! It can be served as the main dish, as a topping to tacos or a salad, or as an appetizer with fondue. Here are a few recipes to serve with mango chicken:
Coconut Rice has a rich texture from coconut milk with a light coconut flavor. Serve with your favorite chicken, beef, or fish recipes.
Smoked Gouda Fondue is the best cheesy appetizer! Dip in all of your favorite savory foods. Or make it part of a fun dinner with cubed chicken and steak!
Here’s how to make fried rice with step-by-step instructions. This easy fried rice recipe can be starting point for so many yummy variations.
Make this loaded Nachos recipe with mango chicken for your next party, or surprise your family with sheet pan nachos dinner with all of their favorite toppings!
Want more chicken recipes? Try these next:
This Garlic and Herb Chicken recipe makes the BEST juicy, tender, flavorful chicken that is a perfect main dish or delicious on a salad and pasta.
This Chipotle Chicken recipe is packed with flavor and perfect for tacos, burritos, and nachos. The easy marinade coats the chicken with delicious seasonings!
Juicy Cilantro Lime Chicken is bursting with flavor! Cook it on the grill or stovetop for an easy weeknight dinner with rice and veggies.
Grilled Jamaican Jerk Chicken topped with fresh pepper salsa is a family favorite! Make it as a meal over rice or as an appetizer with fondue.
- 1 cup mango nectar
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- Mix together the mango nectar, honey, ancho chili powder, lime juice, and soy sauce. Remove ¼ cup of the mixture and set it aside for later.
- Stir the olive oil and rice vinegar into the remaining mango mixture to make the marinade.
- Pound the chicken breast to flatten the thick parts. Then, place the chicken breasts in a gallon-size zip-top bag. Add the marinade and turn to coat. Place in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill (or grill pan) to medium heat. Remove the chicken and discard the marinade. Grease the grill gates and add the chicken breasts. Cover and cook the chicken over medium heat for 6 minutes. Turn the chicken over and brush with the mango glaze. Cook for 3 minutes, brush with the mango glaze, then cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165˚F. Discard the remaining glaze.
Leave a Reply