This garlic rosemary pork tenderloin recipe can be made on the grill during the summer and on the stovetop during the winter! It is a fast dinner recipe.
I was visiting with a friend recently about food, which is one of my favorite conversation topics as you can imagine, and discovered that both she and her husband tried to focus their meals around protein.
Since her husband works full-time and she was going to school for her nursing degree, they don’t have a lot of leisure time to prepare meals. I asked her what some of her favorite meals were.
She told me that they use their crockpot a lot, especially in the colder months. During grilling season, one of their go-to meals is pork tenderloin.
My friend said that they cut the pork tenderloin into slices (aka pork medallions) before grilling it. That way, they only take a couple of minutes to cook!
So I’ve tried making pork tenderloin on the grill a couple of times since our visit and we love how the pork turns out. I typically buy the marinated pork tenderloin to make things really easy.
But the last time I went to buy a pork tenderloin, the plain ones were on sale. I decided to try seasoning it with garlic and rosemary.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
How To Make Garlic Rosemary Pork Tenderloin
Mix together the olive oil, rosemary, minced garlic, sea salt, and black pepper.
Place the pork tenderloin in a pan with sides.
Spread the seasoning mixture over all sides of the pork tenderloin, cover it and place in the fridge until ready to grill.
If possible, leave in the fridge for 4-6 hours for more flavor.
With a sharp knife, slice the pork tenderloin into about 10-12 slices, 1/2 inch – 3/4 inch thick.
Preheat grill to 400ËšF.
Grease the grill grates and then grill the pork tenderloin slices over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes per side, for a total of about 6-10 minutes, until the medallions have an internal temperature of 155ËšF-160ËšF.
Serve the garlic rosemary pork tenderloin with roasted potatoes or vegetables.
The flavor was fantastic, the pork was tender and the meal was so easy to make!
Garlic Rosemary Pork Tenderloin FAQs
1. Can I slice the pork tenderloin and THEN add the seasonings?
Yes, many readers have made it that way with great success.
2. I don’t have a grill. Can this recipe be made in the oven? Yes! Bake them at 350ËšF for 12-15 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 155ËšF-160ËšF.
3. Can this garlic rosemary pork tenderloin be made on the stovetop? To saute the medallions in a pan, heat one tablespoon of olive over medium-high heat. Cook pork medallions for 3-4 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 155ËšF-160ËšF.
4. How long does it take to grill the WHOLE pork tenderloin, slicing it afterward? Grill the whole pork tenderloin over medium heat for 30 to 40 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 155ËšF-160ËšF.
5. If I bake the WHOLE pork tenderloin and slice it afterward how long does it take? Bake the whole pork tenderloin at 425ËšF for 30 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 155ËšF-160ËšF.
6. Do you have a suggestion for a slow cooker garlic parmesan pork tenderloin? Yes, cook it on low for 4-5 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 155ËšF-160ËšF.
7. How do you use the leftovers? I’ve used some of the leftover garlic rosemary pork in a vegetable and rice stir fry which I really enjoyed too.
Thy These Grilling Recipes Next
Honey Sesame Pork Tenderloin is an easy family dinner recipe thatâ€™s perfect for busy weeknights. The pork is fully cooked in only 8 minutes on the grill!
Bloomin’ Grilled Potato from The Gunny Sack: Bloominâ€™ Grilled Potatoes are a fun, delicious side dish to serve at a backyard barbecue or cookout. Everyone will love this recipe for grilled veggies.
Spicy Pineapple Chicken Kabobs from The Gunny Sack: This is an easy grilling recipe for Spicy Pineapple Chicken Kabobs. The chicken is marinated in a sweet pineapple marinade and the kabobs are brushed with a spicy pineapple sauce during grilling.
Grilled Cowboy Caviar from The Gunny Sack: This Grilled Cowboy Caviar recipe is a flavorful, healthy appetizer that can also be served as a salad side dish. Grilled veggies are a fabulous addition!