This garlic rosemary pork tenderloin recipe can be made on the grill during the summer and on the stovetop during the winter! It is a fast dinner recipe.
I was visiting with a friend recently about food, which is one of my favorite conversation topics as you can imagine, and discovered that both she and her husband tried to focus their meals around protein.
Since her husband works full-time and she was going to school for her nursing degree, they don’t have a lot of leisure time to prepare meals. I asked her what some of her favorite meals were.
She told me that they use their crockpot a lot, especially in the colder months. During grilling season, one of their go-to meals is pork tenderloin.
My friend said that they cut the pork tenderloin into slices (aka pork medallions) before grilling it. That way, they only take a couple of minutes to cook!
How To Make Garlic Rosemary Pork Tenderloin
Mix together the olive oil, rosemary, minced garlic, sea salt, and black pepper.
Place the pork tenderloin in a pan with sides.
Spread the seasoning mixture over all sides, cover it and place in the fridge until ready to grill.
If possible, leave in the fridge for 4-6 hours for more flavor.
With a sharp knife, slice the pork tenderloin into about 10-12 slices, 1/2 inch – 3/4 inch thick.
Preheat grill to 400˚F.
Grease the grill grates and then grill the tenderloin slices over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes per side, for a total of about 6-10 minutes, until the medallions have an internal temperature of 155˚F-160˚F.
The flavor was fantastic, the pork was tender and the meal was so easy to make!
Garlic Rosemary Pork Tenderloin FAQs
1. Can I slice the pork tenderloin and THEN add the seasonings?
Yes, many readers have made it that way with great success.
2. I don’t have a grill. Can this recipe be made in the oven? Yes! Bake them at 350˚F for 12-15 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 155˚F-160˚F.
3. Can this garlic rosemary pork tenderloin be made on the stovetop? To saute the medallions in a pan, heat one tablespoon of olive over medium-high heat. Cook pork medallions for 3-4 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 155˚F-160˚F.
4. How long does it take to grill the WHOLE pork tenderloin, slicing it afterward? Grill the whole pork tenderloin over medium heat for 30 to 40 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 155˚F-160˚F.
5. If I bake the WHOLE pork tenderloin and slice it afterward how long does it take? Bake the whole tenderloin at 425˚F for 30 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 155˚F-160˚F.
6. Do you have a suggestion for a slow cooker garlic parmesan pork tenderloin? Yes, cook it on low for 4-5 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 155˚F-160˚F.
7. How do you use the leftovers? I’ve used some of the leftover garlic rosemary pork in a vegetable and rice stir fry which I really enjoyed too.
Try These Grilling Recipes Next
Honey Sesame Pork Tenderloin is an easy family dinner recipe that’s perfect for busy weeknights. The pork is fully cooked in only 8 minutes on the grill!
Bloomin’ Grilled Potatoes are a fun, delicious side dish to serve at a backyard barbecue or cookout. Everyone will love this recipe for grilled veggies.
This is an easy grilling recipe for Spicy Pineapple Chicken Kabobs. The chicken is marinated in a sweet pineapple marinade and the kabobs are brushed with a spicy pineapple sauce during grilling.
This Grilled Cowboy Caviar recipe is a flavorful, healthy appetizer that can also be served as a salad side dish. Grilled veggies are a fabulous addition!