Honey Sesame Pork Tenderloin is an easy family dinner recipe that’s perfect for busy weeknights. The pork is fully cooked in only 8 minutes on the grill!
Grilling season is well underway and the options are endless. I love that we can cook outside without warming up the house.
My neighbor is in his nineties and he even cooks lunch for him and his wife on the grill.
This recipe for Honey Sesame Pork Tenderloin comes together fast and is sure to become a family favorite.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn moreÂ here.
How To Make Honey Sesame Pork Tenderloin
Mix together kosher salt, coarse ground pepper, garlic powder, and ground cinnamon.
Rub the spice mixture over a one pound pork tenderloin.
Place the tenderloin in a pan, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Put the honey, soy sauce, olive oil, hoisin sauce, minced onion, minced garlic, sesame seed oil, and crushed red peppers in a sauce pan, whisk together, and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often.
In a small bowl, stir together cold water and cornstarch and then slowly whisk it into the sauce.
Continue cooking, stirring constantly until thickened.
Put 1/4 cup of the sauce in a small bowl and set the rest aside.
Bonus tip: If your sauce gets too thick, you can thin it by whisking in water, a little at a time until it reaches the desired thickness.
Remove the pork tenderloin from the fridge and cut it into 1/2 thick slices.
Brush the grill grates with vegetable oil and then cook the pork tenderloin medallions over high heat for 3 minutes on each side.
Brush the pork tenderloin with the 1/4 cup of honey sesame sauce in the small bowl and grill an additional minute on each side to caramelize the sauce.
The pork is fully cooked once it has reached an internal temperature of 145ËšF.
Serve the honey sesame pork tenderloin over rice with the reserved sauce, sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
Honey Sesame Pork Tenderloin FAQs
1. Can this recipe be made in the oven?
Â Bake them at 350ËšF for 12-15 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 155ËšF-160ËšF.
2. Can this honey sesame pork tenderloin be made on the stovetop? To saute the medallions in a pan, heat one tablespoon of olive over medium-high heat. Cook pork medallions for 3-4 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 155ËšF-160ËšF.
3. How long does it take to grill the WHOLE pork tenderloin, slicing it afterward? Grill the whole pork tenderloin over medium heat for 30 to 40 minutesÂ or until it reaches an internal temperature of 155ËšF-160ËšF.
4. If I bake the WHOLE pork tenderloin and slice it afterwardÂ how long does it take? Bake the whole pork tenderloin at 425ËšF for 30 minutesÂ or until it reaches an internal temperature of 155ËšF-160ËšF.
5. Do you have instructions for a slow cooker honey sesame pork tenderloin? Yes, cook it on low for 4-5 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 155ËšF-160ËšF.
Obsessed with Honey Sesame? Try these recipes:
Â Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken is a crockpot recipe thatâ€™s easy to make, cheaper than takeout and tastes better too! Itâ€™s a family-friendly recipe that will become a favorite.
Honey Sesame Salmon in Foil from Cafe Delights: Honey sesame salmon in foil is ready in under 20 minutes! Full of Asian flavors with ingredients you have in your kitchen, and so easy to pull together!
Honey Sesame Almonds from Beaming Baker: Sweet and smoky skillet-roasted almonds glazed with a coat of honey and satisfying sesame seeds. Honey Sesame Almonds are the new go-to snack.
Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Meatballs from The Gunny Sack:Â Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Meatballs is an easy crockpot recipe that can be served for dinner or as an appetizer. This slow cooker recipe is full of flavor.
Also, try this Garlic Rosemary Pork Tenderloin from The Gunny Sack:Â This garlic rosemary pork tenderloin recipe can be made on the grill during the summer and on the stovetop during the winter! It is a fast dinner recipe.