These juicy Crock Pot Pork Chops are slow-cooked to tender perfection in a creamy sauce that is perfect for a side of mashed potatoes.
I love using my slow cooker because it is hands-off. Just get everything assembled in the crock pot and walk away. Dinner is ready when your family wants to eat.
Here’s Everything For Making Crock Pot Pork Chop
Ingredients Needed and Substitutions
With only pork chops and a few basic ingredients, you can make tender, flavorful pork with a delicious gravy to serve alongside it. Here are the ingredients we used, as well as a few substitutions.
- Pork: We used boneless pork chops, but you can also use bone-in pork chops if you prefer.
- Seasoning: We seasoned the meat with paprika, black pepper, salt, and garlic powder.
- Flour: All-purpose flour gives the pork a golden crust when seared. Other coating options include gluten-free flour, almond flour, or breadcrumbs.
- Oil: We seared the pork chops in a skillet with olive oil. You could also use vegetable oil or butter.
- Cream Sauce: To make the cream sauce, we used one can of cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and chicken broth. You can skip the sour cream and add more condensed cream of chicken soup for a different flavor.
How To Make Crock Pot Pork Chops
Making this tender, flavorful pork is done in three easy steps: season, sear, and cook. Once the meat is done cooking, serve it with the cream sauce from the crock pot.
- Season: Rub the seasoning mixture on both sides of the pork chops and then dredge the seasoned pork chops in flour.
- Sear: Heat olive oil in a frying pan and sear the pork chops on both sides. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook: Put the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and chicken broth in the slow cooker. Add the pork chops, cover, and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
What else can I add to crock pot pork chops?
We only use a simple cream sauce, but there are other things you could add along with the pork chops! Try chopped onions, minced garlic, sliced mushrooms, or even apple slices.
What other spices work on slow cooker pork chops?
You can season the pork chops with your favorite spice blends or simply use black pepper and salt. Other popular spices include onion powder, ground mustard, cayenne pepper, and even brown sugar.
Would other cream soups work in this crock pot pork chops recipe?
Yes, you can use an equal amount of your favorite condensed cream soup instead of the cream of chicken I used to make this recipe. A popular choice when making pork chops is cream of mushroom soup!
- Make Ahead: To prepare ahead of time, brown the pork chops and assemble everything in the crock pot the night before. Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to cook them the next day. Keep in mind that they may take longer to cook since you are starting with cold ingredients.
- Leftovers: Allow the leftovers to cool to room temperature. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Freezer: Store cooled leftovers in the freezer in an airtight container for 2-3 months.
What sides go with slow cooker pork chops?
Frequently Asked Questions
Dredging in flour simply means lightly coating with flour. In this recipe, it helps keep the seasoning on the pork and gives the chops a nice, golden brown appearance when seared.
Searing the pork chops prior to putting them in the slow cooker helps them retain moisture. It also gives the pork chops added flavor and holds the seasoning in place.
Yes, you can skip searing the pork chops but keep in mind that your results will vary somewhat in flavor and appearance. To skip this step, simply season the meat and then add it to the slow cooker after the sauce is in it.
More Pork Recipes
Our Garlic Rosemary Pork Tenderloin recipe can be cooked on the grill during the summer months and on the stovetop during the winter!
This Slow Cooker Pulled Pork recipe is so easy to make with only four ingredients! It’s perfect for sandwiches, tacos, and fried rice.
Oven Roasted Pork Chops with potatoes and carrots are great for busy weeknights because the whole meal cooks in one pan.
This Air Fryer Pork Chops makes the most flavorful, moist, and tender pork that cooks in only minutes.
Slow Cooker Pork Chops
- Mix together the paprika, black pepper, salt, and garlic powder. Rub onto both sides of the pork chops.
- Dredge the seasoned pork chops in flour.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the pork chops for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pour the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and chicken broth into a slow cooker and whisk to combine. Add the pork chops and cover with a little of the creamy sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours, or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145˚F.
- Remove pork chops and whisk the remaining sauce until smooth. Serve the sauce with the pork chops.