These Air Fryer Pork Chops are so tender and easy to prepare! The simple pork chop marinade makes them flavorful and moist.
My family loves it when I make pork chops in the air fryer! Even our pickiest eater enjoys them. I love that I can prep them beforehand and when dinnertime rolls around they are ready in about 10 minutes!
Here’s Everything You Need To Make Pork Chops In an Air Fryer
Pork Chop Marinade Recipe
A marinade is made up of an oil, an acid, and flavorings. Marinating pork chops prior to cooking them is the best way to tenderize them, add moisture, and add flavor. This recipe uses olive oil for the oil, soy sauce for the acid, and garlic and pepper for the flavor. We also added honey for a little sweetness and to help with browning the meat.
- Whisk the soy sauce, olive oil, honey, minced garlic, and coarse ground black pepper together.
- Remove a little of the marinade and place it in the refrigerator for basting later.
- Put the pork chops in a gallon-sized zip-top bag (or in a glass dish) and pour the marinade over them. Seal the top of the bag and turn to coat the meat.
- Marinate for at least three hours or overnight.
How To Make Air Fryer Pork Chops
An air fryer is such an easy way to make delicious, tender pork chops. No need to turn on the oven, fire up the grill or stand over a frying pan! There are three easy steps to making them: marinate, cook, and rest.
- Marinate: Once the pork is done marinating, place it in the preheated air fryer and discard the remaining marinade.
- Cook: It only takes 8-10 minutes to cook meat depending on how thick the pieces are. You’ll use the reserved marinade to baste the meat halfway through cooking.
- Rest: Once the pork is done cooking, place it on a plate and tent the plate with foil. Allow them to rest for five minutes before slicing. Resting the meat allows the fibers to relax and the juices to reabsorb. If you cut it right after cooking, the juices will run out.
What To Serve With Pork Chops
While your pork chops are marinating and cooking, you can whip up some delicious sides! Serve them with cooked veggies, salad, bread, and fruit. If you are short on time, use a bagged salad, steam-in-the-bag veggies, and store-bought dinner rolls. Or if you have time to make your sides, here are a few ideas for sides that go well with pork:
- Veggies: Oven Roasted Vegetables, Twice Baked Potatoes, or Corn On the Cob
- Salads: Cobb Salad, Italian Pasta Salad, or Broccoli Salad
- Bread: Dinner Rolls, Garlic Knots, or Cornbread
- Fruit: Applesauce, Fried Apples, or Cranberry Sauce
Frequently Asked Questions Pork Chops
The most important thing is to only cook pork chops until they reach an internal temperature of 145˚F. Marinating them beforehand helps as well.
The secret to making tender pork chops is marinating them before cooking and not overcooking them.
It depends on how thick they are. Thinner pork chops will cook faster than thick ones. For boneless pork chops that are about 1 inch thick, cook them for 8-10 minutes at 400˚F in an air fryer, flipping them over halfway through cooking, or until they reach an internal temperature of 145˚F
Want more pork recipes? Try these next:
- These Crock Pot Pork Chops are cooked in a creamy sauce that can be used as a gravy over mashed potatoes.
- Pork Fried Rice is easy to make with peas and carrots along with rice and eggs. This is a great way to use leftover pork.
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork is made with only 4 ingredients and it’s perfect for sandwiches and tacos.
- Garlic Rosemary Pork Tenderloin can be cooked on the grill or the stovetop! Serve with roasted potatoes as a side dish.
Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Mix together the soy sauce, olive oil, honey, minced garlic, and coarse ground black pepper. Remove a little of the marinade and set it aside for basting.
- Put the pork chops into a gallon-size zip-top bag and pour the marinade over the pork chops. Seal the top and turn the bag to coat the chops with the marinade. Place the pork in the refrigerator and marinate for at least 3 hours. Remove the pork chops from the refrigerator and place the on the counter for 20 minutes to come to room temperature.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400˚F. Remove the pork chops from the marinade and lightly grease the air fryer basket. Cook the pork chops for 5 minutes at 400˚F, baste and flip the chops over and baste again. Continue cooking for an additional 4-5 minutes, until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145˚F when inserted into the side of the chops. Reduce the cooking time when using thinner pork chops.
- Remove the pork chops from the air fryer, place them on a plate, and loosely tent them with foil. Rest the pork chops for 5 minutes before serving. Place the pork chops on serving plates and pour the juices from the resting plate over them.