With only THREE ingredients, Pretzel Turtles are so easy to make! They can be made as a quick treat or given as gifts during the holidays.
You can satisfy your sweet tooth in a hurry with Pretzel Turtles! There are only 3 ingredients, pretzels, caramel filled chocolates and nuts!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
Pretzel Turtles Recipe
Preheat the oven to 300°F.
Line the pretzels up on a baking sheet that is covered with parchment paper.
Unwrap your caramel filled chocolates…mine are Rolos.
This step takes the longest!
Put one unwrapped Rolo (or other chocolate with caramel inside) on top of each pretzel.
Bake at 300˚F for 3-5 minutes, until the chocolates are soft, but not melted.
Rolos have thicker chocolate than something like Dove Promises with Caramel so they will take closer to 5 minutes to soften.
Press one toasted nut (walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts or almonds) into each Rolo.
Allow the pretzel turtles to cool and harden before removing from the baking sheet.
Pretzel Turtles Recipe FAQs
1. How can I make pretzel turtles in the microwave? You can do a few of these at a time in the microwave. Depending on your microwave, it takes about 20-30 seconds to soften the Rolos.
2. Can I make pretzel turtles with regular pretzels? Yes! I used square pretzels but mini pretzel twists will work too. Avoid the larger pretzels since the chocolate would melt right through the large loops.
3. How do you toast the nuts? Spread the nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and bake at 350° for about 5-10 minutes, stirring them around occasionally, until golden. Watch carefully so you don’t burn them.
4. What kinds of chocolate caramels do you suggest? Try Rolos, Milky Way, Dove Promises with Caramel, Milk Duds, or Hershey’s Kisses filled with Caramel. Keep in mind that the baking time will vary depending on the candy bar so start with a very short time and continue heating as necessary.
Want More Pretzel Candy Recipes? We’ve Got You Covered
Candy Bar Pretzel Bites: Candy Bar Pretzel Bites are easy to make with mini candy bars sandwiched between pretzels. They’re perfect for cookie exchanges or in a mason jar as a gift!
Peanut Butter Cup Pretzels: These Peanut Butter Cup Pretzels have mini peanut butter cups melted between two Christmas pretzels and they are drizzled with red, green and white candy melts! They would look really cute wrapped in cellophane and tied with a ribbon, as a gift from the kitchen.
Red, White, and Blue Pretzel Bites: Red White and Blue Pretzel Bites are easy to make with mini candy bars sandwiched between pretzels. A fun patriotic dessert for Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day!
Crispy Peanut Butter Bites: If you don’t have time to sit and dip truffles, try making these Crispy Peanut Butter Bites instead. The peanut butter truffle mixture is sandwiched between two pretzels and then one half is dipped in almond bark.
Easy Pretzel Turtles
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Line the pretzels up on a baking sheet that is covered with parchment paper.
- Unwrap caramel filled chocolates.
- Place one chocolate on each pretzel.
- Bake at 300˚F for 3-5 minutes, until the chocolates are soft, but not melted. Rolos have thicker chocolate than something like Dove Promises with Caramel so they will take closer to 5 minutes to soften.
- Press one toasted nut into each chocolate.
- Allow the pretzel turtles to cool and harden before removing from the baking sheet.