Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork recipe with only 4 ingredients! Cooks in crock pot in 3-4 hours. Perfect for sandwiches, tacos, and fried rice.
Slow cooker pulled pork is so easy to make on busy days when you want your meal to cook itself. Just put it in the crockpot and it will be ready at dinnertime. We decided to add barbecue sauce to our pulled pork and turned it into sandwiches with toasted buns.
Choosing A Pork Roast
There are many different cuts of meat in the meat department and the names can vary by store and region making it confusing when trying to choose which cut to buy.
The packaging for pork roast can say things such as:
- pork roast
- pork loin roast
- pork butt roast
- pork shoulder roast
- pork shoulder butt roast
- sirloin roast pork loin
My daughter offered to bring pulled pork to a dinner party with friends and I found out about it the night before. When we stopped at our local grocery store, we could only find 1.75 to 3-pound pork loin roasts.
So, I bought two of them to make the total a little over 4 pounds. My package says “pork roast” in one spot and “sirloin roast pork loin boneless” in another.
How To Make Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Put the pork roast in the crock pot. I used my 3.5 quart CrockPot but use whatever size slow cooker fits your roast.
Sprinkle half of the powdered ranch dressing mix and half of the Italian dressing mix on one side of the roast. Flip the roast over and sprinkle the other side with the second half of the dressing mixes.
Add the water to the slow cooker, cover, and cook until tender. Depending on your slow cooker, it takes 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
Shred the pulled pork with two forks and remove the excess liquids, if desired.
You can stop here and use the pulled pork without any added sauces. Make pulled pork sandwiches or use it for tacos, nachos, or fried rice.
Or you can add your favorite barbecue sauce and stir until coated.
To make the crock pot pulled pork sandwiches even more delicious, butter the halves of the buns and lightly toast them in a skillet over medium-low heat until golden. Top the pulled pork sandwiches with cheese or coleslaw and serve with chips, salad, and a pickle.
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
- Crock Pot Pork Chops
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Put the pork roast into a slow cooker. Sprinkle half of the powdered ranch dressing mix and half of the Italian dressing mix on one side of the roast. Flip the roast over and sprinkle the other side with the second half of the dressing mixes.
- Add the water to the slow cooker, cover and cook until tender. Depending on your slow cooker, it takes 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
- Shred the pulled pork with two forks. Remove excess liquid, if desired.
- You can stop at this point to enjoy the pulled pork plain. Make into sandwiches or use for tacos, nachos, or fried rice.
- Or add barbecue sauce to the pulled pork and stir until combined.