My go-to dinner recipe: hands-off Slow Cooker Pot Roast! Total comfort food that is so easy to make in a crock pot.
One of my go-to, never fail recipes is a Slow Cooker Pot Roast. It is warm, comfort food that is so easy to make. Just put the roast and vegetables in the crock pot in the morning and by dinner time it is ready to eat.
The delicious potatoes and carrots have cooked in the beef broth all day and the pot roast is so tender that it falls apart!
Pour one cup of beef broth into the slow cooker. Surround the roast with cubed potatoes and baby carrots.
- Every slow cooker is different so cooking times will vary.
- If you can’t find the zesty Italian dressing mix, use the original Italian dressing mix instead.
- Add any of your family’s favorite extras like sliced onions, celery, and mushrooms.
- Add pepperoncini for some spice.
- Or skip the veggies and make Slow Cooker French Dips Sandwiches instead.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Your house will smell amazing! Garnish with parsley.
If you like gravy with your pot roast, you can use the juices in the slow cooker to make gravy. I had 1 1/2 cups of beef drippings/juices. (If you don’t have enough beef drippings, you can add beef bullion broth until you get to 1 1/2 cups.) Pour the beef drippings/liquid into a saucepan. In a small bowl, mix together cold water and cornstarch until smooth. Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the saucepan. Bring the gravy to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly and boil for about 1 minute, until thickened.
The pot roast is so tender, it just falls apart! You can slice it or use forks to gently shred it. Drizzle the pot roast and vegetables with gravy and enjoy!
Additional Slow Cooker Recipes