Sugared Cranberries are a delicious combination of sweet and tart. They are the perfect garnish for holiday salads and beverages.
There is something so beautiful about sugared cranberries! They look like they are frosted with snow and they add so much to beverages and desserts.
Sugared Cranberries Ingredients
This sugared cranberries recipe only requires three ingredients and is so easy to make! They can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer to use when needed. Scroll down for the complete recipe with ingredient measurements.
- Sugar: The granulated sugar is used in two ways. The first is to make the simple syrup and the second is to coat the cranberries with sugar granules.
- Water: The water and the sugar are combined to make a simple syrup.
- Cranberries: This recipe calls for one bag of fresh cranberries. You can use frozen cranberries as well but they need to be thawed beforehand.
How To Make Sugared Cranberries
To make sugared cranberries you first coat the cranberries with sugar syrup and then coat them with granulated sugar. Scroll down for the printable recipe card and complete instructions.
- Simple Syrup: Combine 1/2 cup of the sugar and 1/2 cup of water in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cranberries: Rinse and drain the cranberries. Add the cranberries to the hot syrup and stir to coat. Place the saucepan in a bowl of ice water and allow the cranberries to cool stirring occasionally.
- Drying: Remove the cranberries from the syrup with a slotted spoon and place on a wire rack to dry.
- Sugar: Sprinkle the remaining granualted sugar over the sticky cranberries and stir to fully coat them in sugar.
Sugared Cranberries Frequently Asked Questions
Raw cranberries are very tart so coating them in sugar helps sweeten them giving you a delicious sweet and sour combination.
Besides eating them you can use them as a garnish on beverages, salads, and desserts.
Store sugared cranberries in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
Want more cranberry recipes? Try these next:
Creamy Cranberry Salad with pineapple and apples is a holiday favorite! This pretty side dish is sweet and tart with the perfect amount of crunch.
Cool, frosted Cranberry Whip is a refreshing holiday drink that is ready in minutes and is irresistible to everyone from kids to adults!
This easy, homemade Cranberry Sauce Recipe is WAY BETTER than store-bought and is perfect for Thanksgiving dinner. Plus, it can be made ahead of time!
Cranberry Orange Holiday Punch is delicious and refreshing. It’s a holiday beverage everyone can enjoy at your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner!
- 12 oz bag fresh cranberries or use thawed frozen cranberries
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar divided
- ½ cup water
- Put the water and ½ cup of granulated sugar in a large pot. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add the cranberries and stir to coat. Remove from heat.
- Place the pot in a bowl of ice water. Chill the cranberries for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the cranberries with a slotted spoon and place them on a wire rack over a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Allow the cranberries to dry for about 1 hour. Sprinkle with the cranberries with the remaining granulated sugar and stir to coat.
Leave a Reply