This yummy Peanut Sauce recipe comes together in seconds and is perfect for dipping meat and veggies or drizzling on salads and wraps.
We love that this peanut sauce recipe is super easy to make and can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. Our favorite way to use it is to drizzle it on chicken lettuce wraps and on salads.
Peanut Sauce Recipe Ingredients
Start with the creamy peanut butter and add some liquids for thinning and flavor along with a couple of seasonings. All of these ingredients are easy to find and you may already have them on hand in your kitchen. Scroll down for the complete recipe with ingredient measurements.
- Peanut Butter: The peanut butter is the main ingredient in this sauce. We used creamy peanut butter but chunky peanut butter would work too although it may not end up as smooth.
- Water: The water helps to thin the sauce making it dippable and drizzlable. Add more water for thinner sauce and less for thicker sauce.
- Soy Sauce: The soy sauce thins the peanut sauce, adds a savory flavor as well as saltiness. We used low sodium soy sauce to keep the sauce from become too salty.
- Honey: We used honey to add sweetness to the sauce as well as to help bind everything together. You could also try using maple syrup or brown sugar instead.
- Rice Vinegar: The rice vinegar add flavor and tanginess to the sauce. If you can’t find rice vinegar, try using apple cider vinegar instead.
- Ginger: Fresh minced ginger adds so much flavor to the sauce! You can substitue ground ginger but opt for fresh whenever possible.
- Garlic: We used minced garlic for added flavor. You can use garlic powder if you prefer.
- Sriracha Sauce: The sriracha sauce adds flavor and heat. Another popular choice is sweet chili sauce if you have that on hand.
How To Make This Peanut Sauce Recipe
Making this peanut sauce recipe is so easy! Simply measure, blend, and enjoy. Scroll down for the printable recipe card and complete instructions.
- Measure: Put all of the ingredients into a food processor or blender.
- Blend: Process the peanut sauce until smooth. You can also whisk the sauce together in a bowl, if you prefer, but the sauce won’t be as smooth.
- Store: The remaining sauce can be stored in an airtight container the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Peanut Sauce Recipe Frequently Asked Questions
Peanut sauce is a good dip for fresh veggies such as cucumbers, bell peppers, and carrots. It’s delicious with chicken, beef, and seafood. It can also be used on pizza, noodles, chicken lettuce wraps, salads, and stir fry.
Peanut sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. It can be stored in the freezer for 4-6 months.
Peanut sauce is more sweet than spicy. This recipe has sriracha sauce in it for a little heat. You can add more or less depending on your family’s preferences.
Want more sauce recipes? Try these next:
This homemade Teriyaki Sauce recipe is easy to make and is perfect for everything from chicken to fish and veggies to rice.
Here’s my Adobo Peppers Chipotle Sauce that can be used like any taco sauce. It is perfect on top of tacos or poured over chopped chipotle chicken.
This Stir Fry Sauce recipe can be used for vegetables, chicken, beef, shrimp, and pork. It is super easy to make and totally adaptable. Store in the fridge or freezer for later!