This Tropical Fruit Pretzel Salad is cool and creamy with brown sugar pretzels and tropical fruit. There won’t be any leftovers of this summer salad recipe!
With the endless stream of summer cookouts, it’s time for another summer salad recipe. This Tropical Fruit Pretzel Salad is cool and creamy with crunchy brown sugar pretzels and tropical fruit. It’s definitely more of a dessert salad than a healthy green salad and the combination is irresistible!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
How To Make Tropical Fruit Pretzel Salad:
Step 1: Make the Brown Sugar Pretzels
Spread the mixture on a large baking sheet with sides (I used my jelly roll pan). Bake at 400 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Allow the mixture to cool and then break it into small pieces.
Step Two: Chop Up the Fruit
Cut up three cups of tropical fruit. I cut up 3/4 cup each of kiwi, mangos, pineapple and strawberries (not tropical, but I added them for the pop of color). Place the fruit in the fridge until ready to serve.
Step Three: Cream Cheese Mixture
Beat softened cream cheese for two minutes, until light and fluffy. Add the sugar and vanilla and stir until smooth.
Fold in the whipped cream. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Step Four: Combine and Serve
Keep the brown sugar pretzels, fruit and cream cheese mixture separate until right before serving. Then, add the brown sugar pretzels and tropical fruit to the cream cheese mixture.
Stir everything together in a large bowl and serve immediately. This Tropical Fruit Pretzel Salad is just the kind of dessert people are looking for at backyard cookouts! It’s cool and creamy with the right amount of crunch and there won’t be any leftovers.
Tropical Fruit Pretzel Salad FAQ’s
1. Can Cool Whip be used instead of whipped cream? Yes, you will need three cups of whipped cream.
2. Can this pretzel salad recipe be made without the chopped pecans? Yes, you can swap the chopped pecan with more chopped pretzels.
3. How fine should the pretzels be chopped? They are roughly chopped to that the pieces are small enough to be eaten in one bite but big enough so that you get a good crunch.
5. My sugared pecans and pretzels are too mushy/oily. What went wrong? They probably need to be baked longer but watch so that it doesn’t burn. It’s almost like making toffee and every oven is different. Even the pan you use can make a difference in how things cook.
6. Will the leftovers be good? No the leftovers of this salad end up getting watery and the pretzels get soggy. It’s best to enjoy right after mixing it up.
Want More Pretzel Salad Recipes To Try?
This Caramel Apple Pretzel Salad recipe is a delicious way to enjoy a taste of fall with crunchy apples, candied pretzels, and sweet caramel sauce.
Strawberry Pecan Pretzel Salad is one of the MOST POPULAR recipes. It’s cool and creamy with caramelized brown sugar pretzels and diced strawberries.
Make a very berry pretzel salad and some very berry lemonade to serve at your summer BBQ. Summer berry recipes are perfect for backyard entertaining!
Blueberry Pretzel Salad is a mouthwatering combination of a creamy filling, crunchy sugared pretzels, and sweet blueberries. Everyone will want the recipe!
Tropical Fruit Pretzel SaladPrint Pin Rate
Brown Sugar Pretzels:
- 3 cups mixed sliced/diced tropical fruit kiwi, mangos, pineapple, and strawberries
Brown Sugar Pretzels:
- Mix together crushed pretzels, chopped pecans, brown sugar and melted butter.
- Spread in a large baking sheet with sides (I used my jelly roll pan) and bake at 400 degrees for 5-7 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool and then break it into small pieces.
Cream Cheese Mixture:
- Beat softened cream cheese for two minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Fold in the non-dairy whipped topping or whipped cream.
- Store in the fridge or in a cooler.
- Keep the brown sugar pretzels, fruit and cream cheese mixture separate until right before serving. Then, add the sugared pretzels and mixed berries to the cream cheese mixture and serve immediately.