A s’more is a quintessential summer dessert. This pie pops recipe captures the goodness of s’mores in a flaky pie crust.
We had so much fun with the Peanut Butter Cup Pie Pops that I decided to make S’more Pie Pops too! With the arrival of warm weather, everyone wants to be outside. While I was driving around this weekend, I smelled so many bonfires. My nephew was super excited to report that they had their first campfire of the year. S’mores are the summer desserts that go hand in hand with fires. All summer long, we have graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate bars on hand so that we are ready when the mood strikes. This S’more Pie Pops Recipe has a flaky pie crust instead of the graham crackers. I though about putting a graham cracker inside each pie on a stick but my kids didn’t want me to so I left them out.
Unroll a premade Pillsbury pie crust onto a lightly floured surface. Cut the pie crust circle into a rectangle and cut out six rectangles of dough using the Hershey’s bar pieces as a guide for the size. Take the dough scraps, knead them together and roll it out to cut out two more rectangles. I was able to make four large S’more Pie Pops from one crust.
Bake at 375°F for 14-17 minutes. The mini marshmallows will puff up and disappear but the crust will keep the shape of them. Some of the liquid marshmallows leaked out of the pie pops but it didn’t matter. When the s’more pie pops come out of the oven, let them cool for a couple of minutes and then press the lollipop sticks down into the chocolate. That way, once the chocolate hardens the stick will be embedded in it. My kids absolutely loved these pie pops. The like them even more than the peanut butter cup pie pops and said they tasted just like s’mores!
- 1 pie crust
- 4.4 oz Hershey's XL Milk Chocolate Bar
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 egg white - beaten
- Pinch of flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Unroll pie crust onto a lightly floured surface.
- Cut chocolate bar into segments.
- Cut crust into rectangles.
- Knead and roll dough scraps to cut out more rectangles.
- Put 3 chocolate bar segments and about 10 mini marshmallows on a rectangle of dough.
- Top with another rectangle and add a lollipop stick.
- Roll edges and crimp with a fork.
- Place pie pops on baking sheet and brush with egg white.
- Bake at 375°F for 14-17 minutes.
- Allow pie pops to cool for a couple of minutes before pressing the lollipop stick down into the chocolate bar to stabilize it.