Macaroni and Cheese Pizza Recipe

Looking for kid friendly recipes? Macaroni and Cheese Pizza is sure to please. This easy recipe takes a classic to a whole new level.

Mac and Cheese Pizza RecipeDo you love cheese as much as we do? There’s nothing like a bowl of warm, comforting macaroni and cheese. It is the first meal Brian ever made me. While we were dating, he told me about how his mom would make him homemade mac n’ cheese that was extra creamy, almost like cheesy soup. I had never eaten macaroni and cheese like that so one evening he made it for me and it was delicious. Since pizza is another one of our favorite things to eat, I combined the two and made macaroni and cheese pizza!

Macaroni and Cheese RecipeStart by making 3 cups of macaroni and cheese. I was in a hurry so I made a boxed version of macaroni shells and cheese instead of making the homemade version. Once box made 3 cups of mac n’ cheese. Add 3 slices of American cheese and 1/4 cup of milk to make a little more cheese sauce.

Pizza CrustPlace a premade pizza crust on a pizza pan and brush with olive oil. I used Mama Mary’s.

Homemade Macaroni and Cheese PizzaSpread the macaroni and cheese on the crust and top with 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.

Macaroni and Cheese Pizza RecipeBake at 450 degrees for 7 – 10 minutes (or longer depending on who golden you want the cheese to be).

There is a restaurant near our house that makes Macaroni and Cheese Pizza. When we tried some of it recently, we all agreed that my version is way better than the restaurant version! If you are looking for Macaroni and Cheese Pizza toppings, the restaurant offers bacon as a topping, as well as sliced corn dogs!

5.0 from 4 reviews
Macaroni and Cheese Pizza Recipe
  • 1 box of shells and cheese (cheese sauce is in the package)
  • 3 slices American Cheese
  • ¼ cup milk
  • 1 premade pizza crust
  • ¼ cup olive oil
  • ½ cup shredded cheese
  1. Start by making the macaroni and cheese according to the package. (Or make homemade mac n' cheese, if preferred)
  2. Add 3 slices of American cheese and ¼ cup of milk to make a little more cheese sauce. Stir over low heat until melted.
  3. Brush pizza crust with olive oil.
  4. Top with macaroni and cheese.
  5. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
  6. Bake at 450 degrees for 7-10 minutes.

Fire Roasted Tomato & Chicken Pizza      Mac n’ Cheese Balls         BBQ Chicken Pizza

1. Basia says

We used shredded cheese instead of cheese slices and added a little more milk. It was delicious. I love this idea!

2. Karen says

My son asked me to make this for dinner. He had it from a local pizza place. He claims I did a great job. Would make it again based on the smile on his face !!!!! Thanks for the recipe . I pinned it on Pinterst .

3. jacqui says

I had macaroni and cheese pizza once at a restaurant and have been looking to recreate it…I think I’ll try this base recipe but we also added dried cranberries, pineapple, and crumbled feta cheese. It was delicious! Although I think we used mozzarella cheese…so I’m not sure how it’d taste with cheddar. Anyways, just some ideas!

4. Lauren says

I just tried this for dinner, it was delicious! We added Parmesan cheese to the crust and then on top of the pizza and it was amazing! Thanks for the recipe!

5. G Perkins says

CiCi’s Pizza has this and I love it. So different from traditional pizza, but delicious. Going to add ham chunks next time I eat it.

They sure would! My husband went to a small pizza place last week and they had a really good Mac n’ Cheese Pizza. I can’t wait to go try it out!

It was so easy to make! The first time I made it, I didn’t add the extra milk and cheese so it was a little drier but with the added cheese and milk it was perfect. I think the restaurant put a little alfredo sauce on the crust before adding the mac n’ cheese. Even though I LOVE alfredo, I felt that it took away from the cheesy flavor of the pizza.

6. Anna Bennett says

When I was able to cook I use to make Home made Macaroni & Cheese I would use a different Macaroni each time,
    but what I would do was to use Velveeta & White Cheddar cheese.
    Boil the Macaroni following the directions on the box ( unlike most people ) I rinse my Macaroni with hot water
    in order to remove the Starch.
    While the Macaroni was boiling I would slice the Velveeta & the Cheddar Cheese.
    When the Macaroni was done I put some milk in the bottom of the pan first. Then I would do then put a layer of the Macaroni in to the bottom of the baking pan
    then I put two rows of the Velveeta down with a row of the Cheddar down the middle I would then space four pats of Margarine or butter
    Repeat on the second row,but do two rows of Cheddar with the Velveeta down the middle also the four pats of Margarine or Butter.
    Bake at 450% for 30 minutes or until Cheese is golden brown.
    I was the first in my family to try it with the Velveeta & White Cheddar. Every body loved it. Tonia,you may share this Recipe with your family & friends. It sounds like a lot of work,but it is worth in the end.. :)

Wow Anna! You’ve got my mouth watering with your recipe. It sounds like a glorified Macaroni and Cheese Lasagna! I will make it for my family and let you know how it turns out. Thank you!