These mini peanut butter cheesecakes drizzled with chocolate and sprinkled with chopped peanuts are a lot of goodness packed into a muffin sized dessert! With a peanut butter Oreo crust, this easy cheesecake recipe is delicious from top to bottom!
I have a confession to make…I’ve owned a springform pan for at least 10 years and I have never used it to make a cheesecake. I’m not sure what is holding me back. It could be that I’ve never purchased 5 packages of cream cheese at one time or that I love cheesecake so I don’t want to have to have that sitting in my fridge or maybe it is because I seems like too much effort but whatever the reason the springform pan is gathering dust in my cupboard. So, I am taking small steps toward making one large cheesecake by making mini cheesecakes! Since I’ve already shown you my obsession with all things peanut butter and chocolate, I figured that would be a great place to start.
When I came across Peanut Butter Oreos in the store, I knew they would make the perfect crust for these cheesecakes! Crush 16 Peanut Butter Oreos and press one tablespoon into the bottoms of 12 lined muffin cups. Place pan in the freezer until ready to fill.
Beat together softened cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add peanut butter, vanilla, an egg and an egg white and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
Spoon 2 tablespoons of the cheesecake batter into each cup.
Bake at 325°F for 20-25 minutes until puffed and set. The tops might crack a little like the ones above. It won’t matter though because the chocolate glaze will cover it. While the cheesecakes are baking, put chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, cream and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for 45-60 seconds. Stir until the chips are dissolved. Place in the fridge until ready to add to cheesecakes.
Allow the cheesecakes to cool and top with some of the refrigerated chocolate glazed. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
The muffin liners can be removed before adding the chocolate glaze. Place the cheesecakes on small plates and allow some of the chocolate glaze to drizzle down the sides.
Place the chocolate glazed mini peanut butter cheesecakes in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving so that the glaze can set up.
- 16 peanut butter Oreos, crushed
- 2 bricks (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅓ cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter chips
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup half and half
- 1 tbsp butter
- Chopped peanuts for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Press 1 tablespoon crushed peanut butter Oreos into the bottom of 12 lined muffin cups.
- Place in the freezer until ready to fill.
- Beat together softened cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add peanut butter, vanilla, egg, egg white and mix well.
- Stir in peanut butter chips and chocolate chips.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the cheesecake mixture into each muffin cup.
- Bake at 325°F for 20-25 minutes until puffed and set.
- While cheesecake is baking, prepare chocolate glaze by microwaving peanut butter chips, semi sweet chocolate chips, half and half and butter for 45-60 seconds.
- Stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Place in the fridge to cool until ready to use.
- Allow cheesecakes to cool before adding chocolate glaze. The muffin liners can be removed prior to adding chocolate glaze, if desired.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours or until ready to serve so the chocolate glaze can set.