This Pecan Pie Cheesecake recipe is TO-DIE-FOR with creamy cheesecake, a graham cracker and pecan crust, and gooey caramel pecan pie topping.
I’ve shared multiple cheesecake dessert recipes from the original blueberry cheesecake dessert to the most recent caramel apple cheesecake dessert recipe. Every one of them is fabulous but this Pecan Pie Cheesecake just might be my favorite of all time!
In This Post: Everything You Need To Make Pecan Pie Cheesecake
- Graham Cracker and Pecan Cheesecake Crust
- Cheesecake Layer
- Pecan Pie Topping
- Frequently Asked Questions
Graham Cracker and Pecan Cheesecake Crust
When making the crust for this pecan pie cheesecake we used a combination of graham crackers and chopped pecans instead of using a basic graham cracker crust. The pecans as flavor and texture to the crust!
- First, crush 9 graham cracker sheets. These are the full sheets of four small graham crackers that you find when you open the sleeve of graham crackers. You should have about one cup of graham cracker crumbs.
- You can crush the graham crackers in a food processor if you have one. Or put the graham crackers in a gallon-size ziptop bag and use a rolling pin to crush them.
- Next, mix together the crushed graham crackers, chopped pecans, brown sugar, and melted butter. Press the mixture into a 9×13-inch pan.
- The easiest way to flatten the crust is to use a small measuring cup or drinking cup with a flat bottom. Otherwise, try sliding your hand into a plastic sandwich baggie and use your covered fingers and hand to flatten the crust.
The smooth, creamy cheesecake layer is in the middle of the dessert. It’s so easy to prepare. You use this cheesecake as the base for any of your favorite cheesecake toppings!
- First, beat two 8-oz packages of softened cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. If you need to soften your cream cheese in a hurry, place the foil-wrapped blocks of cream cheese in hot water for several minutes until softened but not melted.
- Next, beat four eggs and then add them to the cream cheese. Also, add one cup of granulated sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth, scraping the bowl occasionally.
- Finally, pour the cheesecake filling over the graham cracker crust. Bake at 375˚F for 22-25 minutes or until the top is dry to the touch. Cool the cheesecake completely before making the pecan pie sauce.
Pecan Pie Topping
And now for the grand finale…the pecan pie sauce for the top of the cheesecake! I’m warning you that it’s going to be hard to resist eating the sauce with a spoon instead of putting on the cheesecake.
- In a large pot, mix together brown sugar and flour. Stir in heavy cream, butter, and corn syrup.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Once it starts to boil, turn the heat down to low and cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in chopped pecans and vanilla. Allow the mixture to cool for a few minutes and then pour the mixture over the cooled cheesecake and spread it out evenly.
- Place in the fridge to allow the pecan pie sauce to cool and thicken. Store in the fridge.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can make this cheesecake ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator overnight.
If you want to skip the pecan pie topping, you can top the cheesecake with canned pie fillings such as strawberry, blueberry, or cherry, fresh fruit, or pudding and whipped cream.
Yes, you should allow the pecan pie topping to cool for a bit before adding it but don’t wait too long because it will start to thicken as it cools.
Want more cheesecake recipes? Try these next:
- This Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe is smooth and creamy with a gingersnap crust! Top it with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Banana Cheesecake Dessert has layers of cheesecake, banana cream pudding, and cool whip on a graham cracker crust and is topped with banana slices!
- Strawberry Cheesecake Dessert is creamy and smooth with strawberry pie filling and whipped cream. It’s been part of our family for generations!
- Chocolate Cheesecake Dessert features a chocolate graham cracker crust, layers of creamy cheesecake, and smooth chocolate pudding with cool whip on top!