This no bake strawberry cheesecake recipe is cool and creamy!! The chocolate wafer cookie crust is the perfect compliment to the easy strawberry cheesecake.
It’s the middle of summer and it’s 95° out, when a friend invites you over for a dinner party and asks you to bring dessert, what do you bring? You certainly don’t want to turn the oven on and you don’t want to buy a dessert either, so an easy no-bake dessert is the way to go!
This no bake strawberry cheesecake has smooth, creamy, strawberry cheesecake that is perfect with the chocolate wafer cookie crust. It comes together quickly without having to turn the oven on!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
How To Make No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Dessert:
Step One: Cookie Crumbs
This recipe calls for two and a half cups of chocolate cookie crumbs. I used Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers.
Step Two: Crust
Combine melted butter and granulated sugar into the chocolate cookie crumbs. Using a measuring cup press the mixture into the bottom and about 3/4 inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
Step Three: Strawberry Filling
You could substitute strawberry pie filling for the homemade strawberry sauce.
Step Four: Cream Cheese Layer
After making the strawberry sauce, make the cheesecake layer. For two minutes, beat the softened cream cheese then add the powdered sugar and vanilla. Keep on mixing until fully integrated.
Fold in the whipped cream with a spatula and gently stir in the strawberry sauce.
Step Five: Combine Layers
Now that the cheesecake layer is prepared, carefully spread the mixture over the cookie crust. Place it in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving or overnight if you won’t be serving it right away.
Remove the sides of the springform pan and place cheesecake on a serving platter or cake stand. For decoration, you can pipe whipped cream stars around the cheesecake. I used an Ateco #846 closed star tip.
To make a centerpiece for the No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake, roll a few strawberries in granulated sugar and arrange in the middle of the cake.
I’ve already shared this easy recipe several times this summer and every enjoyed it.
This no bake strawberry cheesecake is cool, creamy, and perfect for summer! The chocolate crust is the perfect compliment to the strawberry cheesecake.
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake FAQs
1. How can I make a lighter version of this recipe? You could use light cool whip instead of whipped cream, low fat cream cheese, and a sugar alternative.
2. Could this be made in a different sized pan? Yes, you could do it in a square pan or you could make individual ones in muffin cups like I did in this Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipe!
3. Can this cheesecake be prepared ahead of time? Yes! We often make it ahead of time to bring to family gatherings. If you plan to serve it the following day, wait to add the strawberries and whipped cream stars on the top until right before serving.
4. Can I freeze this cheesecake? Yes you can! Wrap it securely with foil and place in a freezer bag for up to 3 months.
Looking for more cheesecake desserts?
This key lime cheesecake is so easy to make, yet it looks impressive. This no bake recipe features a macadamia nut crust with an ombre cheesecake filling.
This Easy Coconut Cheesecake by Life Love and Sugar is simple to put together with layers of buttery graham cracker crust, thick and creamy cheesecake and fluffy whipped cream! It’s full of the refreshing flavor of coconut!
This Banana Cheesecake Dessert has layers of cheesecake, banana cream pudding and cool whip on a graham cracker crust and is topped with banana slices!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Dessert has two layers of smooth, creamy cheesecake with a gingersnap crust. Made in a 9×13 inch pan this cheesecake is made for sharing!
No Bake Strawberry CheesecakePrint Pin Rate
Chocolate Wafer Cookie Crust:
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs I used Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafer Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
Chocolate Wafer Cookie Crust:
- Mix together chocolate wafer cookie crumbs, melted butter and granulated sugar. Press the mixture into the bottom and about 3/4 inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. A small measuring cup can be a big help when trying to form the crust. Set aside.
- Beat the softened cream cheese for two minutes. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until smooth. Fold in two cups the whipped cream or non-dairy whipped topping. Gently stir in the pureed strawberry sauce until just combined.
- Spread the strawberry cheesecake mixture over the crust and refrigerate for at least one hour, or overnight.
- Before serving remove the sides of the springform pan and use the remaining whipped cream to pipe whipped cream stars around the cheesecake.
- Top the strawberry cheesecake with a few strawberries rolled in granulated sugar.