I made this Triple Grape Fruit Pizza as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. All opinions are my own. #WalmartProduce
Although grapes are one of my families favorite fruits and probably the fruit we buy most often, I’ve never made a dessert showcasing grapes and that had to change! We typically just eat grapes just as they are. Vanessa loves putting them in the freezer and eating them that way. I’ve used grapes in several different salads, in chicken lettuce wraps and I’ve put them on fruit pizza before. So, when trying to figure out a dessert recipe using grapes, fruit pizza came to mind, but I want the grapes to be the star of the show. That’s when I decided to make a triple grape fruit pizza using three kinds of grapes, each with a different color to really make the dessert eye-catching.
While shopping for groceries earlier this week, I visited the Walmart produce department and picked up the three varieties of grapes. I bought red seedless grapes called scarlet royal, green seedless grapes which are the princess variety and the black seedless grapes called midnight beauty. Walmart is a great place to buy produce. They have fresh, farmer picked produce with a 100% money back guarantee. I just found out that grapes are in season from late summer to early fall, so now is the perfect time to buy grapes!
To make the triple grape fruit pizza, start by pressing refrigerated sugar cookie dough into the bottom of a greased 9 inch springform pan.
Allow the cookie crust to cool before removing the springform pan sides. While it is cooling, make the cream cheese filling. Mix together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and half-n-half. Start on the lowest speed and once the powdered sugar is wet, turn the speed up. Beat until smooth and creamy.
Spread all or most of the cream cheese filling over the cooled sugar cookie crust. I didn’t use about 1/2 cup of the filling. Then, top it with the red, green and black grapes.
Before serving, sprinkle the grapes with powdered sugar to make the dessert look extra special. To make the sugar stick better, I dabbed the tops of the grapes with a damp paper towel first.
Place the triple grape fruit pizza on a cake platter for serving. I left the bottom of the springform pan in place.
The combination of the soft, yet chewy crust with the smooth, creamy filling and the plump, juicy grapes was fantastic! I shared this dessert with my mom and sisters. Everyone loved how it tasted and they thought the presentation was so pretty.
- 16.5 oz package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 tbsp half-n-half
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
- 1 cup green seedless grapes
- 1 cup black seedless grapes
- ¼ cup powdered sugar, for garnish
- Press refrigerated sugar cookie dough into the bottom of a greased 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 17-19 minutes.
- Allow the cookie crust to cool and remove the springform pan sides.
- While it is cooling, make the cream cheese filling. Mix together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and half-n-half. Start on the lowest speed and once the powdered sugar is wet, turn the speed up. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Spread all or most of the cream cheese filling over the cooled sugar cookie crust. I didn’t use about ½ cup of the filling.
- Top it with the red, green and black grapes.
- Store in the fridge and sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.