Delicious, tender, juicy oven baked chicken breasts the whole family loves in less than 30 minutes! These chicken breasts are EASY to make and so versatile.
My family loves chicken and if you are a follower, I’m sure you know this by the number of chicken recipes I share. One of the easiest, hands-off ways of cooking chicken is to bake it in the oven like these garlic parmesan chicken tenders. Add a few new potatoes to the baking sheet and your dinner will be ready in less than 30 minutes!
I also like to bake chicken breasts in the oven when I need cooked chicken for recipes from pasta and quesadillas to pizza and salad. I pop the chicken in the oven to bake while I start prepping the other items for the chicken dish.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
How To Make Oven Baked Chicken Breasts
Step One: Oil and Season
Brush boneless, skinless chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place them on a greased baking sheet.
Step Two: Potatoes
I love throwing some potatoes on the baking sheet with the chicken for an easy side dish. I used new potatoes but if you have only full-size potatoes available you can cut them into pieces instead.
Put the scrubbed and rinsed new potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl with a little water. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and microwave on high for about 5 minutes.
Remove from microwave, toss the potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt, garlic powder and freshly ground black pepper, stir to coat.
Nestle the new potatoes amongst the chicken breasts.
Step Three: How long do you cook boneless skinless chicken breasts in the oven?
Cook boneless skinless chicken breast at 400˚F for 18-23 minutes, turning the chicken halfway through baking.
Step Four: What is the baked chicken breast temp?
You really don’t want to overcook your chicken. This will lead to tough, dry chicken. Instead, use a meat thermometer to check the temperature of the chicken.
Baked chicken breasts need to reach an internal temperature of 165-170˚F.
Return them to the oven to cook longer if necessary.
These are juicy, tender, oven baked chicken breasts that the whole family loves!
Baked Chicken Breasts
Baked Chicken Breasts
- Brush boneless, skinless chicken breasts with olive oil and place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. (Sprinkle with any additional spices your family loves such as garlic, rosemary or cajun, if desired.)
- Add garlic pepper new potatoes (see below) if desired.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18-23 minutes, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165-170 degrees.
Garlic Pepper New Potatoes
- Put the scrubbed and rinsed new potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl with a little water.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and microwave on high for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from microwave, toss the potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt, garlic powder and freshly ground black pepper, stir to coat.
- Nestle the new potatoes amongst the chicken breasts.
Love chicken like we do? Here are some more chicken recipes to try: