Start the day with a hearty Breakfast Skillet of cheesy scrambled eggs, roasted vegetables, and fried sausage.
I’ve gotten into the habit of eating eggs for breakfast most mornings but get tired of eating them the same way. My new favorite way to eat scrambled eggs is to make a breakfast skillet.
My breakfast skillets started out with a scrambled combination of eggs, cheese, and sausage (or sometimes bacon instead).
One morning I noticed some leftover oven roasted vegetables and decided to add them to the breakfast scramble and I was hooked!
The cheesy, flavorful combination, packed with protein is a great way to start the day.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
Breakfast Skillet Recipe
Slice a beef and cheddar sausage into pieces. Set aside.
Beat eggs, half-n-half, salt and black pepper. Set aside.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
Add sausage slices and cook until browned, turning often.
Add roasted vegetables, beaten eggs, and shredded cheddar cheese.
Cook over medium heat, stirring and flipping the mixture until fully cooked.
Breakfast Skillet Recipe FAQs
1. How many does this recipe serve? This breakfast skillet recipe was enough for two servings but it really depends on how hungry you are.
2. I need to feed more people. Does this recipe still work if I double or triple it? Yes! The only thing to consider is the size of your skillet.
3. Can cooked vegetables be used instead of oven roasted vegetables? Yes, cooked vegetables can be used instead. They won’t have the same roasted flavor but they are perfect for when you don’t have time to roast vegetables.
4. Can we make this breakfast skillet without the vegetables? Yes, I’ve done it many times and it is still delicious.
5. What other kinds of meat can I use? Try fried bacon, cooked ground sausage, sliced sausage links, or diced ham.
6. Do I have to use cheddar cheese? Nope, you can use whatever shredded cheese you have on hand. It will change the flavor depending on what you use but will still be delicious.
7. I made too much of the breakfast skillet. Can the leftovers be reheated? I love doing that! Put the leftovers in the fridge and warm in the microwave the next morning.
Recipes to serve with this Breakfast Skillet
Banana Pancakes by The Gunny Sack: This healthy banana pancakes recipe is like having dessert for breakfast. Banana pancakes are easy enough to make on a weekday morning and delicious enough to serve for brunch.
Bloomin’ Cinnamon Rolls by The Gunny Sack: These Bloomin’ Cinnamon Rolls are full of ooey, gooey caramel goodness. Make this blooming cinnamon roll monkey bread like recipe for breakfast.
Mixed Berry Smoothie by Dinner At The Zoo: This recipe for a mixed berry smoothie is a refreshing and healthy combination of fruit and yogurt thats kid-approved and super easy to make!
One Pan Breakfast Potatoes and Bacon by Chelsea’s Messy Apron: The best ever oven-roasted breakfast potatoes and turkey bacon all cooked on one sheet pan.
Banana Oat Muffins by The Gunny Sack: Love banana recipes? Try making these Banana Oat Muffins! I love eating them warm, with peanut butter on top.
- 1 beef and cheddar sausage
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp half-n-half
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup roasted vegetables
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Slice a beef and cheddar sausage into pieces. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, half-n-half, salt, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add sausage slices and cook until browned, turning often.
- Add roasted vegetables, beaten eggs, and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring and flipping the mixture until fully cooked.