This Caramel Apple Fruit Pizza is a delicious fall dessert with a sugar cookie crust, cream cheese frosting, toasted pecans and a drizzle of caramel.
What do you serve when your husband’s BOSS and his family are coming to your house for coffee? And as if that’s not enough pressure, add the fact that your husband’s boss is a big fan of your blog so he sees all the desserts you make.
I chose this Caramel Apple Fruit Pizza because it is a delicious fall dessert with a sugar cookie crust, cream cheese frosting and pecans sprinkled on top.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
Before choosing this apple pizza, I thought about lots of different recipes I could make and didn’t know if I should go with a classic or try something new that I hadn’t posted yet. I finally decided to serve a few different things.
I had some sugar cookies on hand and I knew the kids would love them. I also made White Chocolate Pecan Cookie Bars served with ice cream and warm Maple Caramel Sauce. Finally, I wanted to serve something seasonal and since the summer is rapidly turning into fall I decided to make this Caramel Apple Fruit Pizza.
Brian has worked with Jayson and his wife Jenny for over 10 years (maybe 15?) at a couple different companies. I’ve gotten to know them both through Brian, but this was our first opportunity to have them in our home. We had such a wonderful evening together and I was super excited that they brought me a ton of vegetables from their organic garden!
Start with a sugar cookie crust. I made it in a 9-inch springform pan, so that I could serve it on a cake stand, but is could also be made in a bar from in a 9-inch square pan.
Next up are the apples. I used a gorgeous green Granny Smith apple and a juicy red Fuji apple, but you can use any apples you want. HELLO autumn! I love everything about you!
Put the diced apples in club soda for about 3 minutes to prevent browning.
Mix together the cream cheese frosting, spread it on the sugar cookie crust and top with the diced apples.
Sprinkle with toasted pecans and drizzle with caramel sauce. To get the more precise drizzle, I piped the caramel sauce on the fruit pizza from a disposable icing bag.
This Caramel Apple Fruit Pizza is a delicious way to celebrate the flavors of fall. I’ve already made this fall dessert a couple more times and shared it with lots of friends. Everyone loves how pretty the fruit pizza looks and they all agreed that it was delicious!
- 4 oz package cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp half-n-half if necessary
- Beat the butter and shortening together.
- Add granulated sugar and cream together for 2-3 minutes until lighter in color and fluffier in texture.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Mix in the baking powder, salt, and flour.
- Press dough into a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-17 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in the softened butter.
- Mix in powdered sugar.
- Add vanilla and half-n-half, if necessary.
- Put the diced apples in the club soda water immediately after dicing them. Soak them in the water for about 3 minutes and then drain the water.
- Spread the prepared cream cheese frosting (recipe below) on the cooled sugar cookie crust.
- Top with the diced apples, sprinkle with chopped pecans and drizzle the caramel sauce over the top.
Here are some more of my apple recipes to check out: