This 3 Ingredient Ice Cream recipe is so easy to make you can enjoy it all summer! Use no churn vanilla ice cream to make sundaes and shakes.
Did you know that you can make the most delicious ice cream at home without an ice cream maker? We love this no churn vanilla ice cream recipe and have used it as the starting point for so many other flavors.
This 3 ingredient ice cream is the perfect recipe to make with kids on summer vacation! They can help make the no-churn ice cream, and then they get to enjoy it with their favorite toppings.
In This Post
What You’ll Need To Make 3 Ingredient Ice Cream
Only three ingredients are needed to make delicious, no churn ice cream at home with a machine! There aren’t substitutions for the first two ingredients, but the third can be swapped with many other things.
- Heavy Cream: You’ll need one pint, which is two cups, of heavy cream, also known as heavy whipping cream. It gives the ice cream that smooth texture while keeping it light and airy.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: This recipe uses sweetened condensed milk for the sweetener. It also adds richness to the ice cream and prevents ice crystals from forming.
- Vanilla: We used pure vanilla extract in this recipe, but you could also use vanilla bean paste to make vanilla bean ice cream.
How To Make No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
First, use a stand mixer with the whisk attachment to beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Start at a low speed until the cream thickens, and then slowly increase the speed.
Next, remove the bowl from the stand mixer and then fold in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract.
Then, spread the batter in a 9-inch loaf pan.
Finally, cover the pan tightly with plastic wrap and place it in the freezer for at least 8 hours or until firm.
More Ways To Make 3 Ingredient Ice Cream
The sky is the limit when it comes to additional ways you can make 3 ingredient ice cream! You can use other flavorings, fold in pureed fruit, or add crushed cookies.
You can use any flavoring or extract you want in place of the vanilla in this recipe! You will be able to find some options at the grocery store, like coconut, mint, almond, banana, strawberry, and orange extracts.
Other flavorings are available at crafts stores, specialty kitchen stores, and online. The flavoring options are endless and include options such as blue raspberry, bubble gum, watermelon, cotton candy, and root beer!
To make fruity three ingredient ice cream, use fruit puree instead of vanilla extract as we did in our raspberry-swirled peach ice cream. You can make your own strawberry sauce, blueberry pie filling, peach pie filling, or raspberry sauce and use it to make ice cream. Or you can use store-bought, canned fillings.
Once you choose the flavor you want, puree enough fruity sauce or pie filling to make one cup. Fold the filling into the whipped cream along with the sweetened condensed milk.
Chocolate, Cookies, and Cereal
Another way to use this recipe is to substitute the vanilla extract with other sweet things! You can use things such as cooled melted chocolate, crushed Oreos, marshmallow cream, crushed Biscoff cookies, and Fruity Pebbles!
For these types of substitutions, use about 3/4 cup and fold it into the whipped cream with the sweetened condensed milk. Spread the batter into a loaf pan and garnish it with a little of whatever you stirred into the ice cream.
Make Ahead and Storage
Since this easy no churn vanilla ice cream has to harden in the freezer, remember to plan ahead and make it at least one day before you plan to eat it! If you are making it for a crowd, you can prepare more than one batch and store them in the freezer in separate containers.
Store the ice cream in the loaf pan wrapped with plastic wrap and then with aluminum foil. Or you can transfer the leftovers to an airtight container if you prefer. Then, store it in the freezer for 2-4 weeks.
What Others Want To Know
This no-churn 3 ingredient ice cream is made with heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla extract.
To make homemade no churn ice cream, beat heavy whipping cream and then fold in sweetened condensed milk and flavorings.
You can top vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce, white chocolate sauce, caramel syrup, strawberry sauce, raspberry sauce, fresh fruit, mini chocolate chips, chopped Oreos, cookie dough, or chopped candy bars.
You can turn this recipe into 2 ingredient ice cream by only using the heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk and skipping the vanilla extract.
Ways To Use 3 Ingredient Ice Cream
- Make peanut butter ice cream sandwiches by squishing this three ingredient ice cream between classic peanut butter cookies or easy 4 ingredient peanut butter cookies!
- Use it to make the best homemade milkshakes in every flavor imaginable!
- Make fried ice cream with a sweet, crunchy, deep-fried coating.
- Add coated fruit cereal and turn it into a Fruity Pebbles Ice Cream Cake!
More No Churn Ice Cream Recipes
- Cotton Candy Ice Cream tastes like the county fair.
- Get the classic cookies n cream flavor with Oreo Ice Cream!
- Creamy, fluffy Marshmallow Ice Cream is a delight!
- No Churn Chocolate Ice Cream is one of our favorites.
- Biscoff Ice Cream includes swirls of cookie butter!
- Skip the bonfire and eat S’mores Ice Cream instead.
- Fruity Pebbles Ice Cream is a colorful, flavorful treat.
- For a taste of summer, try Raspberry Swirled Peach Ice Cream!
- Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream is perfect for the fall.
3 Ingredient Ice Cream
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whip the pint of heavy whipping cream in a stand mixer with the whisk attachment until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the sweetened condensed milk and the vanilla extract.
- Spread in a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Tightly cover the pan with plastic wrap and place it in the freezer for 8 hours or overnight, until firm.