This Chicken Alfredo Pot Pie recipe has a creamy alfredo sauce filled with juicy chicken and tender vegetables topped with a flaky, golden crust.
With cool, crisp fall in the air, warm, creamy comfort foods are perfect for family dinners. I started with the traditional chicken pot pie and then added alfredo sauce and a gorgeous puff pastry crust.
This easy family dinner recipe can be customized to your family’s specifications by adding your favorite vegetables and removing ones you don’t want.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
Where is the Chicken Alfredo Pot Pie recipe? In this post, I will share step-by-step instructions with photos for how to make the pot pie, as well as answering FAQs about the recipe and sharing a short video showing the recipe in motion. But you can go directly to the recipes by scrolling down to the bottom of the post.
How To Make Chicken Alfredo Pot Pie
Step One: Chicken
Cut the chicken breasts into cubes and cook over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes. Then, add diced potatoes and broccoli and continue cooking for 4-5 minutes.
Step Two: Sauce
Add heavy cream, shredded parmesan cheese, cream cheese, and butter. Then sprinkle with minced garlic, black pepper, and salt. Using a wooden spatula, stir and cook over medium heat until the ingredients are combined and the cheese is fully melted.
Step Three: Dish
Pour the mixture into a greased 10-inch cast-iron skillet or baking dish.
Step Four: Puff Pastry and Bake
Use a sheet of thawed puff pastry to cover the skillet. Gently pinch the pastry around the dish with your fingers to create a seal. Trim any excess around the edges. Beat an egg and brush it on top of the puff pastry.
The alfredo sauce will start to bubble while cooking and could spill over the edge of the dish. To catch any spills while baking, place the pan on a rimmed cooking sheet. This will help keep your oven clean. Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and flaky.
Chicken Alfredo Pot Pie FAQs
1. What other crust can I use? You could use a pie crust, tator tots or refrigerated biscuits.
2. What else could I add to this? Cauliflower, mushrooms, green beans, corn, peas or carrots
3. Can I make this in a 9×13 pan? Yes, that’s a great option for a crowd! Depending on how full your pan is you might want to add more filling and may need an additional sheet of puff pastry.
4. Can I freeze this? I have not had the best experience with freezing alfredo sauce. It tends to separate when you reheat it.
Here Are A Few More Of Our Favorite Chicken Alfredo Recipes:
This Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash recipe is low carb comfort food that is easy to make. Your family won’t even miss the pasta!
Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Tortellini is warm, comfort food at it’s finest. This easy, crockpot recipe will quickly become a favorite family dinner!
Chicken Alfredo Soup is homemade comfort in a bowl. With chicken, alfredo sauce, noodles, and bacon, this soup is perfect for a family dinner on a cold winter night.
Chicken Alfredo Stuffed French Bread is a crusty loaf of bread with cheesy chicken alfredo inside. It can be served as a meal or as a savory party dish.
Chicken Alfredo Pot Pie RecipePrint Pin Rate
- Cut the chicken into cubes. Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the diced potatoes and broccoli florets and cook for 4-6 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, shredded parmesan cheese, cream cheese, butter, minced garlic, black pepper and salt. Stir and cook over medium heat until the ingredients are combined and the cheese is melted.
- Pour into a greased 10-inch cast-iron skillet or baking dish.
- Cover with a sheet of thawed puff pastry and brush with a beaten egg. Place the pan on a rimmed cooking sheet to catch spills.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.