This Club Cracker Caramel Bars Recipe with caramel and chocolate is one of the best combinations and when you add some salt, the recipe becomes irresistible!
These club cracker caramel bars are what I remember my aunt calling “Rickety Uncles” when I was young but I think I might have mixed them up with another recipe in my young mind. These bars are easy to make and delicious any time of the year.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links.
Start by making two cups of graham cracker crumbs. This is about two sleeves of graham crackers. I used my Kitchen Aid Food Processor. If you don’t have a food processor, put the graham crackers in a gallon sized zip top bag and use a rolling pin to crush them.
Allow the bars to cool and set before cutting into pieces.
I was babysitting my sister’s kid’s while editing these photos and they wanted to watch what I was doing. When they saw the pictures of the bars, they made a joint decision that we should immediately make them again. Try bringing these Club Cracker Caramel Bars to your next get together and watch them fly off the plate! They are simply irresistible!
Updated from original recipe posted April 2011.
Club Cracker Caramel Bars
- Line a jelly roll pan with club crackers.
- To make the caramel sauce, put the crushed graham crackers, brown sugar, butter, and evaporated milk in a pot and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Turn the heat to low and boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the club crackers in the pan and spread to cover.
- Top with another layer of club crackers.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips and butterscotch chips in the microwave. Stir until smooth and spread over the club crackers in the pan.
- Allow the bars to cool and set before cutting into pieces.
Here are a few more bars recipes to try: