Growing up we loved muddy buddies, or puppy chow as we called it, and I’ve got to admit I still find it irresistible. There’s just something about crunchy cereal coated with chocolate and powdered sugar. I usually make puppy chow with peanut butter, but with summer in the air, I had to try making S’mores Muddy Buddies with graham cracker cereal, Hershey’s chocolate, and marshmallows. It’s a fun treat to take with you on your summer outings and vacations!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links. There is no additional cost to you, but I will earn a small commission if you purchase through those links.
Melt mini Hershey’s Kisses and shortening in the microwave and stir until smooth. Pour the mixture over the cereal and marshmallows and stir to coat.
Add the powdered sugar and stir until well coated. Add a few more mini Kisses and marshmallows, if you want, and pour onto waxed paper to cool and set.
These S’mores Muddy Buddies are such a fun recipe for summer! Be sure to keep this one to make with the kids while they are on summer break. It’s the perfect recipe for kids to help with and it won’t heat up the kitchen.
- Measure cereal and mini marshmallows in a large bowl and set aside.
- Melt mini Hershey's Kisses and shortening in the microwave on high for 60 seconds. Stir and return to the microwave for 15-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the cereal and mini marshmallow and stir to coat.
- Add the powdered sugar and stir to coat.
- Optional: Stir in 1/2 cup mini Hershey's Kisses and 1/4 cup Jet Puffed Mallow Bits
- Spread on waxed paper to cool and set.
Hungry for more? Here are a few more of my S’mores Recipes: