Frosty Mocha Punch is a cool, refreshing combination of chocolate, coffee and ice cream! It’s always a part of our family celebrations. Sponsored by Collective Bias and Kraft Foods.
Yes, it actually happened…we got snow last night! I was really hoping that it would wait another month or two to arrive but the ground is white. The good news is that the warm weather today will melt all of the snow that fell but it is a clear sign of things to come. When I see the fat snowflakes falling, I immediately start thinking about Christmas and everything that comes with the holidays. One of the best things about the holidays is all of the holiday desserts! One of my family’s favorite holiday desserts is actually a beverage called mocha punch. Since it involves chocolate and ice cream, it can be considered a dessert, right? Mocha punch is easy to make and uses many of the Kraft products that I typically have stocked in my kitchen.
To make the mocha punch, start warming 3 cups of milk over medium heat. Add 8 squares (2 oz) of Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate and stir until dissolved. Whisk in 1/4 cup of JELL-O chocolate fudge pudding mix. Heat mixture until it is hot and bubbles start rising to the surface, stirring often.
Remove from heat and whisk in 3 tablespoons of Maxwell House instant coffee. Place this mixture in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
When ready to serve, pour the coffee mixture into a large bowl and add a 1/2 gallon of softened vanilla ice cream. Gently stir and mash the ice cream until the mixture is creamy.
It is okay to still have small clumps of vanilla ice cream floating in the mocha punch. If you have a punch bowl, you can mix this together right in the bowl and serve it from there.
Ladle the frosty mocha punch into glasses and top with Cool Whip and Baker’s German’s Sweet Chocolate shavings.
This Frosty Mocha Punch is perfect for bringing to parties and celebrations all year long! The way I do it is that I make the coffee mixture at home before the party. I bring the coffee mixture, a 1/2 gallon of ice cream, Cool Whip and a large bowl to the party.
If you want to serve it right away, the ice cream has softened by the time you arrive at the party. If it is a dinner party, store the coffee mixture in the fridge and the ice cream in the freezer until dessert is to be served. Quickly mix the mocha punch together right before serving.
We will be having at my family’s Thanksgiving and at Christmas. I have a such a large family that we always make double the mocha punch. I’m not sure why but I’ve never made mocha punch for my husband’s family but I will have to make it for them this year!
- 3 cups milk
- 2 oz 8 squares Bakers semi sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup chocolate pudding mix
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 8 oz container of Cool Whip
- Baker's German's Sweet Chocolate Shavings
- Start by warming 3 cups of milk over medium heat.
- Add 8 squares (2 oz) of semi-sweet chocolate and stir until dissolved.
- Whisk in 1/4 cup of chocolate fudge pudding mix.
- Heat mixture until it is hot and bubbles start rising to the surface, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and whisk in 3 tablespoons of instant coffee.
- Place mixture in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, pour the coffee mixture into a large bowl and add a 1/2 gallon of softened vanilla ice cream.
- Gently stir and mash the ice cream until the mixture is creamy.
- Ladle the mocha punch into glasses and top with whipped topping and chocolate shavings.