Frosty Mocha Punch is a cool, refreshing combination of chocolate, coffee, and ice cream! It’s always a part of our family celebrations.
One of the best things about the holidays is all of the holiday desserts! One of my family’s favorite holiday desserts is actually a beverage called mocha punch. Since it involves chocolate and ice cream, it can be considered a dessert, right? Mocha punch is easy to make and uses many of the Kraft products that I typically have stocked in my kitchen.
How To Make Frosty Mocha Punch
To make the mocha punch, start warming 3 cups of milk over medium heat. Add 8 squares (2 oz each) of Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate and stir until dissolved. Whisk in 1/4 cup of JELL-O chocolate fudge pudding mix. Heat mixture until it is hot and bubbles start rising to the surface, stirring often.
Ladle the frosty mocha punch into glasses and top with Cool Whip and Baker’s German’s Sweet Chocolate shavings.
This Frosty Mocha Punch is perfect for bringing to parties and celebrations all year long! The way I do it is that I make the coffee mixture at home before the party. I bring the coffee mixture, a 1/2 gallon of ice cream, Cool Whip, and a large bowl to the party.
If you want to serve it right away, the ice cream has softened by the time you arrive at the party. If it is a dinner party, store the coffee mixture in the fridge and the ice cream in the freezer until dessert is to be served. Quickly mix the mocha punch together right before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you need to use instant pudding mix in this recipe.
Yes, you can skip the coffee if you prefer.
Frosty Mocha Punch
- 3 cups milk
- 8 squares Bakers semi sweet chocolate
- ¼ cup instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 2 tablespoons Baker’s German’s Sweet Chocolate Shavings
- Start by warming 3 cups of milk over medium heat.
- Add 8 squares (2 oz) of semi-sweet chocolate and stir until dissolved.
- Whisk in 1/4 cup of chocolate fudge pudding mix.
- Heat mixture until it is hot and bubbles start rising to the surface, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and whisk in 3 tablespoons of instant coffee.
- Place mixture in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, pour the coffee mixture into a large bowl and add a 1/2 gallon of softened vanilla ice cream.
- Gently stir and mash the ice cream until the mixture is creamy.
- Ladle the mocha punch into glasses and top with whipped topping and chocolate shavings.