Here’s how to make fried rice with step-by-step instructions. This easy fried rice recipe can starting point of so many yummy variations.
When dining out, I’ll choose fried rice over white rice every time! It’s one of my favorites. But it’s not always practical to order take out so today I’m sharing my recipe for how to make fried rice!
Start by melting one tablespoon of butter in a large skillet. Add the beaten eggs and scrambled until just cooked. Remove from pan and set aside for later. See step-by-step instructions for how to make scrambled eggs here.
Using the same skillet, melt the remaining butter over medium heat. Add the minced onions, peas, and diced carrots. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes.
What other veggies can I add to fried rice?
In this recipe for how to make fried rice, I went with the classic onion, peas, and carrots combination. My family likes it when I use the dried minced onions but you can swap them for diced onions instead. Here are some more veggies you can add:
- bell peppers
- bean sprouts
- water chestnuts
And don’t forget about the fruit! You can also add diced pineapple or mango for a sweet flavor.
Add the cooked, chilled rice and stir to combine. Turn the heat to medium-high. Allow the rice to cook for a couple of minutes and then stir. Repeat this a few times until the rice starts to brown.
What kind of rice should I use?
I used jasmine rice that I cooked the day before and stored in the refrigerator overnight. You can use this recipe for how to make fried rice using plain white rice, basmati rice, brown rice, or even cauliflower rice.
Next stir in the scrambled eggs.
Which meats are best in fried rice?
You can add pretty much any cooked meat or even tofu to your fried rice. Adding a protein turn fried rice from a side dish into an easy main dish! Here are some of the popular meat choices:
Finally, add the soy sauce, sesame oil, and sliced green onions. Stir until combined.
What should I serve with fried rice?
Easy Skillet Beef and Broccoli is so flavorful and better than takeout. It’s a family-friendly 30-minute meal everyone will love.
This 30-minute skillet recipe for Orange Chicken is easy to make and so delicious! It’s an easy dinner recipe that your whole family will love.
Crispy Air Fryer Cream Cheese Wontons are filled with garlic cream cheese. Serve these easy cream cheese puffs as an appetizer or side dish.
This Honey Garlic Chicken recipe is so easy to prepare and will be a family favorite! Made with chicken breasts and a four-ingredient honey garlic sauce.
Want more rice recipes? Try these next:
Coconut Rice has a rich texture from the coconut milk with a light coconut flavor. Serve with your favorite chicken, beef, or fish recipes.
This easy Pork Fried Rice recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. Keep it simple with just peas and carrots or add whatever veggies you have on hand!
Microwave Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice Recipe is a healthy and low carb, easy side dish to serve for dinner. Try it with stir fry or kabobs!
How To Make Fried Rice
- 3 tablespoon butter divided
- 3 eggs beaten
- 10 oz bag frozen peas and carrots two cups
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 5 cups cooked rice chilled
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoon sliced green onions
- Melt one tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the beaten eggs and scramble until just cooked. Remove the eggs from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the remaining butter. Add the peas, carrots, and diced onions. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes, until the carrots are tender.
- Stir in the chilled rice. Turn the heat to medium-high. Allow the rice to cook for a couple of minutes and then stir. Repeat a couple of times until the rice starts to brown.
- Add the scrambled eggs and stir to combine.
- Drizzle the soy sauce and sesame oil over the rice and add the sliced green onions. Stir to combine.
Leave a Reply