These No Bake Monster Cookie Protein Bars are a chewy, crunchy, delicious breakfast. These energy bites also are a great snack option!
Ahhh…the lazy days of summer! Just kidding, it’s more like the CRAZY days of summer. What happened to summer vacation? We’ve got so much going on this summer that it’s going to be over in the blink of an eye. That means we need to get the most out of our summer and enjoy it to the fullest.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
How To Make No Bake Monster Cookie Protein Bars
To make the No Bake Monster Cookie Protein Bars, mix together old-fashioned oats, crispy rice cereal, chopped peanuts, peanut butter, honey, protein powder, and vanilla until combined. Stir in the mini chocolate gems or chocolate chips.
Press the mixture dough into a 9×13 pan. Cover and chill in the fridge until firm. Cut into 48 squares. Store the bars in a sealed container in the fridge.
To make no bake monster cookie energy bites, scoop tablespoons of dough and roll into balls. Place the balls on waxed paper and chill in the refrigerator until firm.
These No Bake Monster Cookie Protein Bars can be taken with you on summer outings. They will soften when not refrigerated but are still super yummy.
10 Tips For Summer Mornings
- First COFFEE: Every great day starts with coffee!
- Iced Coffee: Pour any extra brewed coffee into ice cube tray and place them in the freezer. Now you can bring a carafe of iced coffee with you wherever you go.
- Breakfast: Make No Bake Monster Cookie Protein Bars and store them in the fridge for a quick breakfast that the kids will love! Plus, they taste great with your coffee…see above.
- To-Do List: Make your morning to-do list before going to bed at night, set your alarm for the next morning and get your work done before the kids wake up. After being tired out from all the fresh air and summer activities, hopefully, the kids will sleep in!
- Clothing: Choose appropriate outfits (shorts, hiking gear, dresses, or rain coats) for the kids before going to bed and have them laid out all ready to go. This one is especially good for kids who have a hard time making choices in the morning.
- Footwear: Make sure the appropriate shoes (sneakers, sandals, flip-flops or rain boots) are by the door. Since kids often don’t wear shoes in the summer and are apt to lose them, it is better to look for them the evening before instead of when you are rushing out the door.
- Attractions: Do a little research about attraction you will be visiting so that you won’t be caught off guard. Make note of things like the hours they are open, costs or fees, parking, and special events going on the day you plan to visit.
- Directions: Save the location on your phone’s map so that it’s ready to go when you leave home.
- Beach Bag: Fill a beach bag or backpack with summer essentials such as sunscreen, bug spray, lip balm, wet wipes, sun hats, sunglasses, extra clothes for little ones, plastic zip-top bags for wet swimsuits, etc. Keep the bag in the car or right by the door all summer long and replenish supplies as needed.
- Safety First: Slather on the sunscreen, drink LOTS of water, check the weather reports, use insect repellant, wear a helmet, wear a lifejacket, keep a first aid kit in the car and be extra vigilant around water. It’s a good idea to snap a picture of your child that morning wearing their outfit for the day to have on your phone…just in case!
Have the best summer vacation ever! Take pictures, smile, laugh, explore, relax and have FUN. These days go by so fast and the kids will be back in school before you know it.
No Bake Monster Cookie Protein BarsPrint Pin Rate
- Mix together old-fashioned or rolled oats, crispy rice cereal, chopped peanuts, peanut butter, honey, protein powder, and vanilla until combined.
- Stir in the mini chocolate gems or chocolate chips.
- Press the mixture dough into a 9×13 pan. Cover and chill in the fridge until firm. Cut into 48 squares. Store the bars in a sealed container in the fridge.
More fun breakfast recipes to try: