These Mini Nutella Pies are filled with luscious Nutella mousse, drizzled with melted chocolate and topped with pretty chocolate curls. The scalloped edged mini pie crusts add an element of fun.
Pies are fun no matter the type but there’s something about the mini size or the individual serving size that makes them a little more special. When I was a teenager, I used to request French silk pie instead of cake for my birthday.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
Where is the Mini Nutella Pies recipe? In this post, I will share step-by-step instructions with photos for how to make the pies, as well as answering FAQs about the recipe and sharing a short video showing the recipe in motion. But you can go directly to the recipes by scrolling down to the bottom of the post.
How To Make Mini Nutella Pies:
Step One: Pie Crust Cups
To make scalloped pie crust cups I use my flower shaped cookie cutter is 5 inches wide. I re-rolled the scraps to get six flower shapes out of each pie crust
I got the idea for the Mini Nutella Pies from these Banana Cream Pies from the Duluth Grill.
Put six crusts in greased muffin tin cavities, leaving an empty space between crusts. Press them into the bottom and on the sides. Ruffle and then flatten the tops so they lay flat.
Prick the bottoms with a fork. Brush lightly with beaten egg white and sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 450˚F for 8-10 minutes.
Step Two: Nutella Mousse
The filling for these Mini Nutella Pies is the same as the filling I used in this Nutella Chocolate Torte. To make the filling, beat softened cream cheese until light and fluffy.
Add Nutella, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
Fold in a container of whipped topping (Cool Whip) or use three cups of whipped cream. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Step Three: Filling and Garnishing
As soon as the pie crust cups are cooled, they are ready to be filled with Nutella mousse. Using a spoon, fill a decorating bag, cut the tip and pipe mousse into the pie crust cups.
You can also fill a zip-top bag and cut the corner of that if you do not have a piping bag and tips.
Place chocolate chips in a bowl and melt according to the instructions on the package. Use a decorating bag to drizzle the melted chocolate over the Nutella mousse.
Use a vegetable peeler to make curls out of chocolate. Hold it at an angle along the edge of an Extra-Large Hershey’s Chocolate Bar.
Soften the chocolate bar in the microwave for a few seconds if you are having a hard time. Place the chocolate curls on top of the pies for a nice finishing touch.
Mini Nutella Pies FAQ’s
1. Can you freeze them after filling them? Yes, you can. Wrap them tightly with plastic wrap, store in an airtight container and thaw before serving.
2. Can you make this into a full-size pie? You can and this recipe makes enough for two pies.
3. Can you use a graham cracker crust instead? Yes, you can use a graham cracker crust.
4. What could you use instead of nutella? You could try using peanut butter!
Looking For More Nutella Recipes?
This Nutella Chocolate Torte recipe is a chocolate layer cake filled with a Nutella mousse that is sure to impress!
These easy to make Nutella Pudding Cookies only require four ingredients. So crunchy, fudgy, and insanely delicious that you might want to make a double batch!
European Truffle Pies are mini pies with triple the chocolate! This chocolate pie recipe is perfect for the chocolate lovers in your life.
Nutella Mousse Cups are bite-sized desserts that are perfect for parties. They have a chocolate shell and are filled with Nutella Mousse.
- 2 pie crusts store-bought or homemade
- 1 egg white beaten
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4.4 oz extra-large Hershey's chocolate bar
- Put the crusts in greased muffin tins, leaving an empty space between crusts. You can fit 6 in each muffin pan. Press them into the bottom and on the sides. Ruffle and flatten the tops so they lay flat. Prick the bottoms with a fork.
- Brush lightly with beaten egg white and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Beat softened cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add Nutella, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Fold in the container of whipped topping.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Once the pie crust cups are cooled and ready to be filled, spoon Nutella mousse into a decorating bag, cut the tip and pipe mousse into the pie crust cups.
- Melt chocolate chips according to the instructions on the package. Drizzle over the Nutella mousse. I used a decorating bag to make this easier.
- Make chocolate curls using a vegetable peeler, held at an angle along the edge of the chocolate bar. If you are having a hard time, I've found that it helps to soften the Hershey’s bar in the microwave for a few seconds. Garnish the mini Nutella pies with chocolate curls.