Mini Nutella Pies have scalloped-edged pie crust cups filled with Nutella mousse, drizzled with chocolate, and topped with chocolate curls.
Pies are fun no matter the type, but there’s something about the mini size or the individual serving size that makes them a little more special. When I was a teenager, I used to request French silk pie instead of cake for my birthday.
Table of contents
How To Make Mini Nutella Pies:
Step One: Pie Crust Cups
Unroll a pie crust on a silicone mat. Cut out large circles using a scalloped cookie cutter or even a small bowl. I used store-bought premade crusts but homemade will work as well.
To make scalloped pie crust cups I use my flower shaped cookie cutter is 5 inches wide. I re-rolled the scraps to get six flower shapes out of each pie crust
I got the idea for the Mini Nutella Pies from these Banana Cream Pies from the Duluth Grill.
Put six crusts in greased muffin tin cavities, leaving an empty space between crusts. Press them into the bottom and on the sides. Ruffle and then flatten the tops so they lay flat.
Prick the bottoms with a fork. Brush lightly with beaten egg white and sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes.
Step Two: Nutella Mousse
The filling for these Mini Nutella Pies is the same as the filling I used in my Nutella Chocolate Torte recipe. To make the filling, beat softened cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add Nutella, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
Fold in a container of whipped topping (Cool Whip) or use three cups of whipped cream. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Step Three: Filling and Garnish
As soon as the pie crust cups are cooled, they are ready to be filled with Nutella mousse. Using a spoon, fill a decorating bag, cut the tip and pipe mousse into the pie crust cups.
You can also fill a zip-top bag and cut the corner of that if you do not have a piping bag and tips.
Place chocolate chips in a bowl and melt according to the instructions on the package. Use a decorating bag to drizzle the melted chocolate over the Nutella mousse.
Use a vegetable peeler to make curls out of chocolate. Hold it at an angle along the edge of an Extra-Large Hershey’s Chocolate Bar.
Soften the chocolate bar in the microwave for a few seconds if you are having a hard time. Place the chocolate curls on top of the pies for a nice finishing touch.
Mini Nutella Pies FAQ’s
Yes, you can. Wrap them tightly with plastic wrap, store them in an airtight container in the freezer, and thaw before serving.
Yes, this recipe makes enough for two full-size pies.
Yes, you can use a graham cracker crust.
You could try using peanut butter!
More Nutella Recipes
- This Nutella Layer Cake has layers of chocolate cake with Nutella mousse.
- You can make Nutella Pudding Cookies with only four ingredients!
- European Truffle Pies have triple the chocolate.
- Nutella Mousse Cups are a fun twist on peanut butter cups.
Mini Nutella Pies
Mini Pie Crust Cups:
- 2 pie crusts store-bought or homemade
- 1 egg white beaten
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chocolate curls from an extra-large Hershey's chocolate bar
Mini Pie Crust Cups:
- Preheat oven to 450˚F. Unroll pie crusts (or roll out pie crust if using homemade) on a silicone mat and cut out large circles using a scalloped cookie cutter or even a small bowl. My scalloped cookie cutter is 5 inches wide. Re-roll the scraps to get 6 flower shapes out of each crust.
- Put the crusts in greased muffin tins, leaving an empty space between crusts. You can fit 6 in each muffin pan. Press them into the bottom and on the sides. Ruffle and flatten the tops so they lay flat. Prick the bottoms with a fork.
- Brush lightly with beaten egg white and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 450˚F for 8-10 minutes.
- Beat softened cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add Nutella, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Fold in the container of whipped topping.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Once the pie crust cups are cooled and ready to be filled, spoon Nutella mousse into a decorating bag, cut the tip and pipe mousse into the pie crust cups.
- Melt chocolate chips according to the instructions on the package. Drizzle over the Nutella mousse. I used a decorating bag to make this easier.
- Make chocolate curls using a vegetable peeler, held at an angle along the edge of the chocolate bar. If you are having a hard time, I've found that it helps to soften the Hershey’s bar in the microwave for a few seconds. Garnish the mini Nutella pies with chocolate curls.