These Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars have smooth, creamy cheesecake with a gingersnap crust. Made in a 9×13 pan these bars are perfect for sharing!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars are the autumn version of my husband’s favorite childhood dessert. It’s the perfect dessert to bring to all of your fall celebrations, as well as the upcoming holiday dinners from Thanksgiving to Christmas! Last autumn year, I shared Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dessert and Pecan Pie Cheesecake Dessert. This year it was time to go with a pumpkin version!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Ingredients
The ingredients in these pumpkin cheesecake bars are similar to what is called for in a traditional pumpkin cheesecake. But rather than using a springform pan, these bars are made in a 9×13 pan.
Cheesecake Layers Ingredients
- Cream Cheese: Full-fat plain cream cheese is the main ingredient in these pumpkin cheesecake bars. Let them sit out on the counter at room temperature to soften before starting the recipe.
- Sugar: Granulated sugar provides sweetness to the bars.
- Vanilla: The vanilla extract adds flavor to the bars. This is especially important in the vanilla layer of the bars.
- Eggs: These bars need four eggs. The eggs provide structure to the cheesecake layers.
- Pumpkin: This recipe uses one cup of pumpkin puree. Save the remaining pumpkin to make another recipe such as this pumpkin smoothie or a pumpkin mug cake. We love freezing leftover pumpkin puree to use at a later date.
- Spices: For spices, we added ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg.
- Toppings: We topped these pumpkin cheesecake bars with whipped cream and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
Gingersnap Crust Ingredients
- Cookies: This recipe uses gingersnap cookies along with graham crackers in the crust. The gingersnap cookies bring so much flavor to the bars!
- Graham Crackers: We also used graham crackers because they are softer and make the crust more tender.
- Sugar: We used granulated sugar in the crust for added sweetness and structure.
- Butter: Melted butter is what brings the gingersnap crust ingredients together.
How To Make Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
We made these bars using two layers of cheesecake. One layer is plain, vanilla cheesecake and the other is pumpkin cheesecake. You can make these pumpkin cheesecake bars in three steps: the crust, the cheesecake, and the topping.
- Crust: To make the crust mix together the ingredients until the gingersnap cookie crumbs and graham cracker crumbs are moistened. Then, press the mixture into the pan.
- Cheesecake Layers: Prepare the vanilla layer and place it in the freezer to harden while making the pumpkin layer. Spread the pumpkin cheesecake filling over the chilled vanilla layer and then place the pumpkin cheesecake bars in the oven to bake.
- Toppings: Once the bars have completely cooled top them with whipped cream and cinnamon.
You can add the pumpkin layer right away but it will end up with more of a swirled look.
Yes! Skip the step where you remove three cups of batter and add the pumpkin puree and spices to the entire cheesecake batter. Spread over the crust and bake.
I used these gingersnap cookies. They are hard and crispy, not soft bakery style.
Don’t worry if your cheesecake bars crack! It happens to me too. You can cover up the crack with whipped cream. Since it will be cut into slices no one will even notice.
These pumpkin cheesecake bars are absolutely divine! The gingersnap crust is so chewy and flavorful. It’s the perfect compliment to the creamy cheesecake.
I’ve made this pumpkin cheesecake dessert several times already. My husband brought one pan to work to share and I shared another at ladies coffee night. Everyone raved about how good it is!
Craving Pumpkin Desserts? Try one of these next:
Pumpkin Cheesecake Ritz Cookies: Pumpkin Cheesecake Ritz Cookies are like a pumpkin truffle inside Ritz crackers. The dark chocolate is the perfect compliment to the sweet pumpkin filling.
Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Maple Glaze: A moist Pumpkin Bundt Cake with a Maple Glaze. It’s fast and easy to make with pumpkin puree and a cake mix. The bundt pan shape is gorgeous on a cake plate.
Easy Pumpkin Mug Cake Recipe: This Pumpkin Mug Cake recipe is dangerously easy to make. You are only 60 seconds away from a warm, delicious cake!
Pumpkin Silk Pie: This Pumpkin Silk Pie is a delicious holiday dessert recipe that is easy to make. Pumpkin dessert recipes are perfect for holiday parties and this pie is a fun alternative to the traditional pumpkin pie.