Chocolate Cheesecake Dessert has layers of cheesecake, chocolate pudding and cool whip on a chocolate graham cracker crust!
Okay, you asked for it and I delivered…here is the recipe for Chocolate Cheesecake Dessert. After all of you loved my Blueberry Cheesecake Dessert recipe so much, I asked which flavor I should make next and CHOCOLATE got the most votes followed closely by banana. You can find my Banana Cheesecake Dessert recipe here.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
Where is the chocolate cheesecake dessert recipe? In this post, I will share step-by-step instructions with photos for how to make the cheesecake, as well as answering FAQs about the recipe and sharing a short video showing the recipe in motion. But you can go directly to the recipes by scrolling down to the bottom of the post.
How To Make Chocolate Cheesecake Dessert
Step One: Graham Cracker Crust
First, crush the graham crackers to make them into crumbs. Use a food processor or crush them in a gallon-sized ziptop bag with a rolling pin.
Pour graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter into a bowl and stir until combined. Use the back of a measuring cup to press the mixture in a 9×13 inch pan.
Step Two: Cheesecake Layer
In a large bowl beat the softened cream cheese. Once the cream cheese is light and fluffy add sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
Pour the mixture over the chocolate crust. Use a rubber spatula to get all of the mixture out of the bowl. Place the pan in the oven and bake at 375 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes. Let the cheesecake layer cool completely before adding the chocolate pudding.
Step Three: Chocolate Pudding Layer
Beat two packages of instant chocolate pudding mix and milk until smooth. Once the cheesecake layer has cooled, use a rubber spatula to spread the chocolate pudding on top of it.
Step Four: Cool Whip Layer
Top the chocolate pudding with cool whip. If you place several spoonfuls around the pan before spreading, you will be able to get an even layer.
Step Five: Mini Chocolate Chips
For a final touch, sprinkle mini chocolate chips over the layer of cool whip.
Chocolate Cheesecake Dessert Recipe FAQs
1. What other kinds of pudding would work in this recipe? Any pudding that you can buy! See my recipe for Banana Cheesecake Dessert using banana pudding here. I also want to try key lime pudding, lemon pudding, and coconut cream pudding.
2. Would other kinds of graham crackers be good in the crust? Yes! Another way to change the recipe is by changing the kind of crust you use. Try cinnamon, vanilla, or chocolate graham crackers.
3. Can I use whipped cream instead of Cool Whip? Yes, if time allows, make four cups of whipped cream to use in place of the Cool Whip.
4. What can I do to lighten this recipe? For a lighter version, try using 1/3 less fat cream cheese, replace a portion of the sugar with a sugar alternative, use sugar-free chocolate pudding mix, and use light Cool Whip. But keep in mind that any alterations may change how the cheesecake turns out.
5. Can this cheesecake be made in a different size pan? Yes, but depending on the thickness of the cheesecake batter the cooking time may be altered.
6. Can this cheesecake be prepared ahead of time? Yes! This is a great recipe to make ahead of time. If doing so, cover and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Want More Cheesecake Dessert Recipes? Try These Next:
This Strawberry Cheesecake Dessert recipe is creamy and smooth with strawberry pie filling and whipped cream. It’s been part of our family for generations!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Dessert has two layers of smooth, creamy cheesecake with a gingersnap crust. Made in a 9×13 inch pan this cheesecake is made for sharing!
This Pecan Pie Cheesecake Dessert recipe is TO-DIE-FOR with luscious cheesecake on a graham cracker and pecan crust topped with a gooey pecan pie sauce.
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dessert is perfect for fall with a cheesecake layer topped with apple pie filling, caramel sauce, and whipped cream.
Chocolate Cheesecake Dessert
- 12 chocolate graham crackers (about 1 2/3 cup crumbs)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened (two 8 oz packages)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups milk
- 2 3.9 oz packages instant chocolate pudding
- 8 oz tub cool whip (about 3 cups, can substitute whipped cream)
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Crush chocolate graham crackers and stir in 1/2 cup of sugar and melted butter. Press in a 9×13 inch pan.
- Beat the softened cream. Add 1 cup of sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Pour the mixture over the chocolate crust.
- Bake at 375˚F for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely.
- Beat two packages of instant chocolate pudding into the milk. Spoon the chocolate pudding on the cooled cheesecake and spread out.
- Top with cool whip and mini chocolate chips.