This Strawberry Cheesecake Dessert recipe is creamy and smooth with strawberry pie filling and whipped cream. It’s been part of our family for generations!
My husband Brian is one of the oldest grandkids in his family and was lucky to have been able to spend a lot of time with both sets of his grandparents. He has so many great memories of those times.
This strawberry cheesecake dessert is another delicious variation of the blueberry cheesecake dessert that his grandma used to make him.
My nephew just told me “This is the MOST delicious strawberry dessert EVER!” So it looks like it is now a favorite of another generation!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
How To Make Strawberry Cheesecake Dessert
Step One: Graham Cracker Crust
Crush 12 graham crackers to make about 1 2/3 cups of crumbs.
This can be done in a food processor.
Put the graham cracker crumbs in a bowl.
Add 1/2 cup of granulated sugar and the melted butter.
Stir until combined.
Pour into a 9×13 inch pan and press to flatten.
Try using the flat bottom of a measuring cup.
Step Two: Cheesecake Layer
Beat the softened cream cheese until smooth.
Add the beaten eggs, one cup of granulated sugar, and the vanilla.
Beat until smooth, scraping bowl as needed.
Pour over the graham cracker crust and spread evenly.
Bake at 375˚F for 20-23 minutes or until done (top is dry to the touch).
Step Three: Strawberry Cheesecake Dessert Toppings
Carefully spread strawberry pie filling over the cheesecake layer.
Top with whipped cream or Cool Whip.
Strawberry Cheesecake Dessert Recipe FAQs
2. Would lemon be good in the cheesecake? Yes, try adding 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest.
3. Do I have to add sugar to the graham cracker crust? Yes, that is how graham cracker crusts are made. But you can cut it down to 1/3 cup or use your favorite sugar alternative instead.
4. Do you have a gluten free strawberry dessert cheesecake recipe? To make this recipe gluten free, use gluten free graham crackers for the crust. For the topping make gluten free pie filling, or use a gluten free cornstarch to make my strawberry sauce, or use fresh sliced strawberries instead.
5. How can I make this cheesecake healthier? For a lighter version, try using 1/3 less fat cream cheese, low-fat graham crackers, replace a portion of the sugar with stevia or another sugar alternative, top with no sugar added pie filling or fresh fruit, and use light Cool Whip. But keep in mind that any alterations may change how the cheesecake turns out.
6. My family doesn’t like fruit on cheesecake. Do you have any other topping ideas? Yes, you can top it with chocolate pudding like I did in this recipe or caramel and pecans as in this recipe. Or just enjoy it plain.
7. Can this strawberry cheesecake dessert be made in a different size pan? Yes, but depending on the thickness of the cheesecake batter the cooking time may be altered.
8. Can this cheesecake be prepared ahead of time? Yes! We often make it ahead of time to bring to family gatherings. If you plan to serve it within 24 hours, you can make it and store it in the fridge. If you want to make it a day or two ahead of time, just bake the cheesecake. Store it in the fridge and add the strawberry pie filling and Cool Whip the day you plan to serve it.
9. It’s too hot to turn my oven on. Is there a no bake version? Not of this exact recipe but I do have a no bake strawberry cheesecake recipe you can try.
10. My cheesecake didn’t turn out like yours. What went wrong? This recipe has been made hundreds of times by three generations of family and by all of you, so I know it works.
Issues can arise when you substitute ingredients or overmix/undermix the batter. Make sure the cream cheese is softened but not warm or runny.
Weather, humidity, and altitude can affect recipes. Ovens vary and therefore so do baking times. Sometimes the type of pan you use can make a difference.
The sweet, buttery graham cracker crust, light, airy cheesecake topped with strawberry pie filling will make this Strawberry Cheesecake Dessert on must at all your family celebrations.
As my nephew said, “This is the most delicious strawberry dessert EVER!”
Strawberry Cheesecake Dessert
- Crush the graham crackers. Stir in 1/2 cup of granulated sugar and the melted butter. Press into 9x13 inch pan. Set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the beaten eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Beat until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over crust and bake at 375 degrees for 20-23 minutes, or until done (top is dry to touch).
- Cool and top with strawberry pie filling and whipped cream or whipped topping. Store in the fridge.