This Pumpkin Silk Pie is a delicious holiday dessert recipe that is easy to make. Pumpkin dessert recipes are perfect for holiday parties and this pie is a fun alternative to the traditional pumpkin pie. This post is sponsored by Nielsen-Massey. All opinions are 100% my own.
Today I am sharing a dessert recipe for a Pumpkin Silk Pie. It is cool and creamy with a spicy gingersnap crust!
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
Nielsen-Massey makes high-quality vanilla extracts and flavorings. They have been making vanilla products for over a century so they really know what they are doing.
Nielsen-Massey uses a cold extraction process instead of heat extraction which helps to preserve more than 300 distinctive flavor compounds present in the beans. I received Organic Fairtrade Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract, Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Bean Paste, Pure Lemon Extract, Pure Almond Extract and Pure Peppermint Extract.
Even my kids were excited about all of these vanilla extracts and flavors. They asked if they could open the bottles to smell them before I even had a chance to! The dessert I decided to make was Pumpkin Silk Pie. I used Nielsen-Massey Organic Fairtrade Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract in the main part of the pie.
Then, to top off the pie, I made whipped cream with Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Bean Paste. This was my first experience with vanilla bean paste. It is thicker than vanilla extract, almost like molasses with vanilla seeds in it. The vanilla bean paste added little flecks of the vanilla seeds to my white whipped cream and looked lovely!
To make the pumpkin silk pie, start by making a ginger snaps cookie crust. Finely crush 32 ginger snaps. (I used Nabisco brand ginger snap cookies) Mix in melted butter and sugar. Press into 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 5 minutes.
In the meantime, make the pumpkin silk filling. Beat softened cream cheese, using a stand mixer, until light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar, pumpkin puree, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice; beat until smooth.
Fold in one large container of whipped topping (Cool Whip) and spread into the springform pan.
Place in the fridge for a couple of hours over overnight to allow it to set up. Remove the springform pan sides and top with whipped cream. I put the whipped cream in a pastry bag and piped it onto the cake. Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice.
Go ahead and cut yourself a slice of pie!
The pumpkin silk pie is cool and creamy with a light pumpkin flavor and the spice of ginger snaps. It is a delicious holiday dessert recipe that is easy to make and is a fun alternative to the traditional pumpkin pie.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Bean Paste
- Finely crush 32 ginger snaps.
- Mix in melted butter and sugar.
- Press into a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Beat softened cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar, pumpkin, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice; beat until smooth.
- Fold in one large container of whipped topping and spread into the springform pan.
- Place in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight to allow it to set up.
- Remove the springform pan sides and top with whipped cream (recipe below).
- Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice.
- Beat the heavy whipping cream with a chilled bowl and whisk until it starts to thicken. Add the sugar and vanilla bean paste. Beat until peaks form.