This no-bake Pumpkin Silk Pie is light and airy! Make this pumpkin cream pie recipe with pumpkin, cream cheese, cool whip, and gingersnaps.
This Pumpkin Silk Pie is a delicious holiday dessert recipe that is easy to make. Pumpkin dessert recipes are perfect for holiday parties, and this pie is a fun alternative to the traditional pumpkin pie.
What You’ll Find In This Post
How To Make Pumpkin Silk Pie
Start by making the cookie crust. Finely crush 32 ginger snaps in a food processor. You want to choose crispy gingersnaps for this crust. I used Nabisco brand gingersnap cookies.
Next, mix in melted butter and sugar and press the mixture into a 9-inch springform pan. Place the pan in the freeze so the crust can harden and set.
In the meantime, make the pumpkin silk pie filling. Beat softened cream cheese, using a stand mixer, until light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar, pumpkin puree, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice; beat until smooth.
Fold in one large container of Cool Whip and spread the mixture into the springform pan.
Place the cream cheese pumpkin pie in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight to allow it to set up. Remove the springform pan sides and top with cool whip or whipped cream. I put it in a pastry bag and piped it onto the cake. Sprinkle it with pumpkin pie spice.
My love of smooth, rich, cream pies like French silk pie and Oreo peanut butter pie inspired me to make this no-bake cream cheese pumpkin pie! While a classic pumpkin pie is always a part of our Thanksgiving dinner, now we also include a pumpkin silk pie as well!
Frequently Asked Questions
It is a light, airy pumpkin cream pie with a flavorful gingersnap crust. It is easy to prepare and is a great alternative to traditional pumpkin pie.
No, you do not have to use gingersnaps. Try graham crackers or Nilla Wafers or Biscoff cookies. Another option would be to use a classic pie crust and make it in a deep-dish pie pan.
Yes, you can substitute the Cool Whip with an equal amount of homemade whipped cream.
More Pumpkin Desserts
- A Pumpkin Mug Cake is ready in less than 60 seconds!
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars have layers of goodness.
- Homemade Pumpkin Muffins are the perfect treat!
- These Pumpkin Chocolate Chips Cookies are irresistible.
Pumpkin Silk Pie Recipe
- 32 gingersnaps
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 cups Cool Whip or use whipped cream
- ⅛ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Finely crush 32 ginger snaps. Mix in the melted butter and granulated sugar. Press into a 9-inch springform pan. Place in the freezer to set.
- Beat softened cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar, pumpkin puree, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice. Beat until smooth.
- Fold in a thawed 16-ounce container of cool whip.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and spread the filling out over the crust.
- Place in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight to allow it to set up.
- Remove the springform pan sides and top with cool whip or whipped cream and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice.