Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Meatballs can be served as a party appetizer or over rice for dinner. These sweet and spicy meatballs are a crowd pleaser!
Welcome back from a break and happy Monday! I am feeling rather groggy today. It has been more than two weeks since we’ve had to get up before the crack of dawn. But it is time to switch from vacation mode, back into work mode.
Three of my crockpot recipes were in the 20 most popular recipes from 2014, which tells me that all of you love using your crockpot as much as I love using mine! So, I am going to try to share more slow cooker recipes with you this year.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
How To Make Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Meatballs
Step One: Meatballs
Pour one 2 pound package of about 50 fully cooked, frozen meatballs in your slow cooker.
For this recipe, I used my 3.5-quart crockpot but a bigger one works too. And if you want to save on clean-up don’t forget to use a crockpot liner.
Step Two: Sauce
Whisk together honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, barbecue sauce, crushed red peppers, and brown sugar.
Pour the honey sesame sauce over the meatballs in the slow cooker.
Stir to coat.
Step Three: Cook
Cook the meatballs on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or until they are heated through. Stir the meatballs every hour for a more even coating of sauce.
Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds before serving.
Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Meatballs Recipe FAQs
1. How long do you cook meatballs on low in a crockpot? Cook them on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. The length of time will depend on your slow cooker. Cook them until they are heated through.
2. Can these be made in the oven instead of a slow cooker? Yes, they can be made in the oven. Spread the meatballs in a 9×13 pan. Add the sauce and stir to coat. Cover with foil and bake at 400˚F for 35-40 minutes until heated through.
3. What is sesame seed oil and do I have to use it for this recipe? Sesame seed oil is an oriental seasoning oil that is 100% sesame seed oil. A very small amount adds a ton of flavor. It can be left out if you don’t have it on hand but the flavor will not be the same.
4. How should I store the leftovers? Leftover meatballs can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
5. Are this slow cooker honey sesame meatballs recipe gluten-free? You can make this recipe gluten-free by making sure your meatballs, barbecue sauce, and soy sauce are gluten-free.
Want More Slow Cooker Recipes? Try These Next:
Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken is easy to make, cheaper than takeout and tastes better too! It’s a family-friendly recipe that will become a favorite.
This Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches recipe features chewy French rolls filled with tender juicy, shredded roast and are dipped into the pot roast au jus.
Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Tortellini is warm, comfort food at it’s finest. This easy, crockpot recipe will quickly become a favorite family dinner!
- Put the frozen meatballs into slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, brown sugar, barbecue sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, minced garlic and crushed red peppers.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs and stir to coat.
- Cook on high for 3 1/2 - 4 hours, stirring every hour, until heated through.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.