Make this Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe for your next party! It’s the most popular appetizer, and you’ll love how easy it is to make.
If spinach artichoke dip is offered as an appetizer on a restaurant’s menu, we are definitely going to order it! Every restaurant makes it a little differently, and we love all of the varieties. We wanted to share our recipe for how we make it so that you can enjoy it at home too!
Here’s Everything You Need To Make Our Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
Spinach Artichoke Dip Ingredients
One of the best things about this cheesy appetizer is that it is very adaptable! You can use different cheeses or spices depending on what you are craving and what you have on hand.
- Artichokes: We used one can of tender artichoke hearts.
- Spinach: For this recipe, you’ll need a package of frozen chopped spinach that has been thawed, drained, and squeezed dry.
- Cheeses: This dip includes cream cheese, shredded parmesan cheese, and shredded pepper jack cheese.
- Mayo: Mayonnaise provides flavor and makes the dip creamy.
- Seasonings: This dip is seasoned with minced garlic, sea salt, and coarse ground black pepper.
How To Make Spinach Dip
Making this delicious appetizer is surprisingly easy! Keep a few cans of artichoke hearts in the pantry and frozen spinach in the freezer so that you can quickly make this appetizer whenever the craving hits.
- Mix: Put all of the ingredients into a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Dish: Spread the mixture in a baking dish. We used a 10-inch cast iron skillet, but any baking dish that holds at least 1.5 quarts would work.
- Bake: Heat the dip in the oven until hot and bubbly. Serve warm with homemade crostini.
There are so many ways you can make this dip. You can add additional ingredients or remove ingredients depending on what you want. Different kinds of cheeses can give the dip different flavors. Here are a few ideas:
Skip adding the spinach and make an artichoke version instead!
Add diced bell peppers, diced onions, and chopped mushrooms.
Don’t add the chopped artichoke hearts, and you’ll have a hot spinach version!
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days or in the freezer for up to a month. Reheat in the microwave or oven until hot.
Frequently Asked Questions About Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Yes, you can prepare the dip ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake it.
Just as the name implies, it is made of spinach and artichokes, along with cheese, mayonnaise, and seasonings.
Want more appetizer recipes? Try these next
- Deep Fried Pickles are always a popular choice! Serve them as an appetizer with a dipping sauce.
- Cowboy Caviar is a delicious appetizer that is served with tortilla chips and can also be enjoyed as a flavorful side dish with chicken and fish.
- We love making this loaded Nachos recipe as a simple yet tasty appetizer and occasionally as a fun family dinner.
- These easy Pepperoni Rolls are stuffed with gooey, melted cheese and pepperoni!
Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 14 oz can tender artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 ounces shredded parmesan about 1 cup
- 4 ounces shredded pepper jack cheese about 1 cup
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F. In a medium size bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until well combined.
- Spread in a greased 1.5-quart baking dish or 10-inch cast iron skillet.
- Bake at 400˚F for 20-25 minutes until hot and bubbly.