This Crostini recipe makes golden, crispy toasts that are perfect for dipping or for adding your favorite savory toppings.
A woman that I babysat for when I was young made crostini as her signature appetizer for every occasion. I would arrive at her home while she was preparing it, and it always smelled so good and looked delicious. Since then, I have loved making it too, and wanted to share my recipe!
What You’ll Find In This Post About Making Our Crostini Recipe
With only five simple ingredients, it’s easy to prepare this tasty bread appetizer. Just pick up a loaf of french bread. You’ll probably already have the rest of the ingredients in your pantry.
- French Bread We chose a french baguette for this recipe because it is shorter and thinner with a crispier crust than traditional French bread. However, if you prefer larger crostini or would like to add more toppings, you could use a larger loaf.
- Fats Olive oil and salted butter help to make the bread golden, crispy and flavorful.
- Seasonings This bread is seasoned with dried rosemary and garlic powder.
How To Make Crostini
This is one of the easiest appetizers you can make! With a loaf of bread and a few basic pantry staples, you can deliver a crowd-pleasing snack in no time. Pro Tip: Keep a french baguette in the freezer so you can make this at a moment’s notice!
- Cut: Use a knife to slice the baguette into thin pieces.
- Coat: Brush the bread slices with butter, olive oil, and seasonings.
- Bake: Pop your coated slices of bread into the oven until golden and crispy.
Allow crostini to cool completely and store in an airtight container or zip-top bag at room temperature for 2-3 days.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Recipe
While crostini is typically made from a smaller, round white bread like a baguette, bruschetta is thick, wider slices of grilled bread.
You can top it with smoked salmon, creamy cheeses, or chopped vegetables.
Our crostini is made of thinly sliced bread, brushed with butter, olive oil, and seasonings.
Love bread? Here are more of our favorites:
- This Two-Ingredient Dough Rosemary Bread recipe is delicious with pasta, or you can use it to make sandwiches.
- Our family loves Homemade Croutons on our salads and soups, so we always make extra to snack on.
- These Buttermilk Biscuits are fluffy and tender. Serve for breakfast with sausage and gravy or as a dinner side.
- This homemade Dinner Rolls recipe was passed down from my mom. We make them for everything from holiday meals to weeknight dinners.
Want more appetizer recipes? Try these next:
- We love cheesy, crispy Mozzarella Sticks and often order them as an appetizer at our favorite restaurants.
- With ripe tomatoes, sliced mozzarella, and fresh basil, this flavorful Caprese Salad is an appetizer you can prepare in just minutes.
- A crowd favorite, this Air Fryer Chicken Wings recipe is so easy to make and is bursting with flavor. Top them with sauce and watch them disappear.
- Two Ingredient Dough Garlic Knots are a crave-worthy appetizer that is super easy to make and can be served with pizza or pasta.