Find out how to make ice cream cake with only four ingredients! This Strawberry Crunch Ice Cream Cake can be for girls’ birthday parties or holidays.
My family loves ice cream, no matter the time of the year or the temperatures outside. When it comes to birthday parties or holidays, they will eat cake, but they prefer ice cream or ice cream cake. So, when requesting a birthday dessert, they almost always request ice cream.
Today I want to show you how to make an ice cream cake with only four ingredients! This Strawberry Crunch Ice Cream Cake would be perfect for Valentine’s Day, Easter or for a girl’s birthday party.
To make this pink and purple ice cream cake, start by softening a half gallon of strawberry ice cream. You can set it in the fridge or place it on the counter. Then, put the crispy rice cereal in a large bowl. I used Poppin’ Pebbles (pink and purple Fruity Pebbles) and removed the green balls that are in the cereal. Next, melt white chocolate chips and vegetable shortening in the microwave and stir until smooth. Pour the melted chocolate over the cereal and stir to coat. Spread the coated cereal out on a piece of parchment paper to set and harden.
Break the coated cereal into bite sized pieces. Working quickly, mix together the strawberry ice cream and two cups of the coated cereal.
Spread the ice cream mixture into a 9 inch springform pan.
Top with the remaining coated cereal pieces and press them into the ice cream. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 4-6 hours or overnight (depending on your freezer) until hardened.
Remove the plastic wrap, slide a knife around the edges of the springform pan and then remove the sides. Place the strawberry crunch ice cream cake on a plate or platter. Add additional cereal around the edge of the platter, if desired.
At this point, you want to quickly serve the ice cream cake because it will start melting…FAST! Especially if your freezer keeps the ice cream fairly soft, like mine does.
Don’t stop to take tons of photos of the cake, switching the platters and backdrops because you might end up with a bit of a mess…yes, unfortunately, I know this from experience. The good new is that we now have a large, strawberry crunch milkshake in our freezer!
To cut the cake into slices, dip a knife in hot water, quickly dry it off and then slice the cake, reheating the knife, as needed.
We love the mixture of creamy and crunchy in this strawberry crunch ice cream cake! Plus, the bright colors are so much fun. With the combination of pink and purple, this ice cream cake could be a Valentine’s Day dessert, an Easter dessert or be an adorable, girl’s birthday party cake!
- Set a half gallon of strawberry ice cream in the fridge (or counter) to soften.
- Put the Poppin' Pebbles cereal into a large bowl.
- Melt white chocolate chips and shortening in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir and continue heating and stirring at 15 second intervals, until smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the cereal and stir to coat.
- Spread the coated cereal out on a piece of parchment paper to set and harden.
- Allow the white chocolate coating to harden and then break the cereal into bite sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix half a gallon of softened strawberry ice cream with 2 cups of the crunchy cereal pieces.
- Spread into a 9-inch springform pan and top with the remaining crunchy cereal, pressing it into the ice cream.
- Cover the springform pan and place the ice cream cake in the freezer for 6-8 hours or overnight (depending on your freezer) to harden.
- When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and slide a knife around the edges of the springform pan and then remove the sides.
- Dip a knife in very hot water, quickly dry it off and use the hot knife to cut the ice cream cake cake. Re-dip and dry the knife for each cut you make.
Recipe adapted from Biscoff Crunch Ice Cream Cake
Here’s a few more easy ice cream cake recipes:
Ice Cream Cake Recipes From My Friends:
Samoa Cookie Ice Cream Cake from Beyond Frosting
Cake Batter Fudge Brownie Ice Cream Cake from Life, Love & Sugar
Neapolitan Brownie Ice Cream Cake from Inside BruCrew Life
Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream Cake from Blahnik Baker