This irresistible Oreo Milkshake has the cookies and cream flavor everyone loves! There are Oreos blended into the shake and on top too.
Oreos are one of the most loved cookies, so it makes sense that Oreo desserts are popular too. Save yourself a trip to the drive-thru and make this homemade Oreo milkshake instead!
What This Post Includes
Oreo Shake Ingredients
- Milk: This recipe blends whole milk with ice cream to make a smooth, creamy mixture. You can add more milk for a thinner shake or less for a thicker shake.
- Ice Cream: We used vanilla ice cream in this recipe, but you could also use chocolate or cookies n cream ice cream!
- Oreos: Regular Oreos are used in two ways in this milkshake recipe. The roughly chopped Oreos go in the shake, and the crumbs go on top.
- Garnish: Top the Oreo shakes with whipped cream, Oreo crumbs, and maraschino cherries.
How To Make An Oreo Milkshake
Put the whole milk, vanilla ice cream, and roughly chopped Oreos into the blender.
Blend until creamy. Then, divide the Oreo milkshake between two glasses and top each one with whipped cream, Oreo crumbs, and a cherry.
More Ways You Can Make It
Everyone loves cookies n cream shakes, but you can add other ingredients to make different flavors! Here are a few of our favorite variations:
Chocolate Oreo Shake
If you want to go all in on the chocolate flavor, turn it into a chocolate Oreo shake!
- Blend the whole milk with 1/3 cup of chocolate sauce until combined.
- Then, add the vanilla ice cream (or use chocolate ice cream) and the chopped Oreos.
- Top with whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate sauce, and Oreo crumbles.
Golden Oreo Milkshake
A golden Oreo milkshake is chock full of delicious vanilla flavor!
- Use chopped golden Oreos instead of regular ones.
- Add a 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the blender along with the other ingredients.
- Top the shakes with whipped cream and golden Oreo crumbs.
Strawberry Oreo Milkshake
Strawberries are a delightful addition to these shakes, especially in the summer when strawberries are so flavorful!
- Add 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries to the blender along with the other ingredients.
- Top the strawberry Oreo milkshakes with whipped cream, diced strawberries, and Oreo crumbs.
You’ve Got Questions, We’ve Got Answers
Vanilla ice cream, whole milk, and Oreos.
We think more Oreos are the best toppings choice! You can also add whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles, chocolate sauce, and a cherry.
You can add less milk when you blend it. Or add more ice cream. If you already made it, you can put it in the freezer to thicken.
- A Brownie Milkshake is like a brownie à la mode!
- This Blueberry Shake is full of fresh blueberry flavor!
- A Vanilla Milkshake is simply delicious!
- A Strawberry Milkshake is like a little taste of summer!
- This Key Lime Milkshake tastes like key lime pie.
- ⅓ cup whole milk*
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream slightly softened
- ¾ cup roughly chopped Oreos about 5 cookies
- ½ cup whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon Oreo crumbs about 1 cookie
- 2 maraschino cherries
- Put the whole milk and roughly chopped Oreos into the blender. Then add the vanilla ice cream.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into two chilled glasses.
- Top with whipped cream, Oreo crumbs, and a maraschino cherry.