Ranch Cauliflower Bites

Ranch Cauliflower Bites are a healthy snack idea. When dipped in ketchup, they taste like french fries.

Ranch Cauliflower Bites | thegunnysack.com
It feels like it has been a long week and I am excited that we have a holiday weekend! We are going to be spending time with friends. Nothing big is planned. We just want to spend time relaxing before school starts next week. Before the weekend starts, I wanted to share a recipe for a healthy snack. I first saw the recipe for cauliflower poppers from Lindsay at Delighted Momma. I’ve made them a couple of times, adding various spices and they are so good! The last time I made them I decided to add powdered ranch mix to make Ranch Cauliflower Bites in a ranch oyster crackers style recipe.

Cauliflower Bites

Cut one head of cauliflower into large pieces. They will shrink as they bake. The first time I made cauliflower bites, I made the pieces too small. Toss with olive oil. Put cauliflower pieces in a pan lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon of powdered ranch, dill weed, salt, pepper and garlic. Stir to coat. Spray with cooking oil and sprinkle with an additional 1/2 tablespoon of powdered ranch.

Roasted Cauliflower Bites

Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Remove from oven, spray with cooking oil and sprinkle with final 1/2 tablespoon of powdered ranch. Bake for an additional 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.

Cauliflower French Fries Recipe | thegunnysack.com

Remove from the oven and enjoy the Ranch Cauliflower Bites dipped in ketchup!

Ranch Cauliflower Bites Recipe

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Author:
Recipe type: Appetizer
Ingredients
  • 1 head cauliflower
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1½ tablespoons powdered ranch
  • ¼ tsp dill weed
  • Salt, pepper, garlic to taste
Instructions
  1. Cut one head of cauliflower into large pieces.
  2. Toss with olive oil.
  3. Put cauliflower pieces in a pan lined with parchment paper.
  4. Sprinkle with ½ tablespoon of powdered ranch, dill weed, salt, pepper and garlic. Stir to coat.
  5. Spray with cooking oil and sprinkle with an additional ½ tablespoon of powdered ranch.
  6. Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
  7. Remove from oven, spray with cooking oil and sprinkle with final ½ tablespoon of powdered ranch.
  8. Bake for an additional 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
Notes
Adapted From Cauliflower Poppers

Comments

1. amber says

Would it be possible to steam them after putting ranch on them? Or should I steam themput ranch then make is oven? I’m new to my steamer and wanted to try it out but this recipe is making me change my mind and use the oven haha

Hi Amber,
      Lucky you! Enjoy your new steamer! I would try steaming them first. Then, add the ranch and then put them in the oven. Best of luck!
      ~Tonia

2. Jessica says

I have made these quite a few times since I found this recipe but I had a few questions. Mine always burn. I love the burned taste so it works out but it literally smokes up the house. What am I doing wrong? I put it at 400 degrees and bake it for the time you specify. Is there a certain rack in the oven I should put them on? Thanks! This recipe has be ADDICTED! Haha.

Oh no! I’m sorry to hear that! I’ve been wondering for a couple of months if my oven is not at the correct temp but that is neither here nor there. Lindsay at Delighted Momma makes her’s the same way: http://www.delightedmomma.com/2012/01/baked-cauliflower-poppers.html I looked over a bunch of recipes and most of them say to set the temp between 425 and 500 degrees and to bake the cauliflower for about 25 minutes.
      The thing about roasting veggies is that you can pretty much do it at whatever temp and for however long you want since the veggies can be eaten raw. I would suggest turning the cauliflower more often, like every 10 minutes, and not cooking it for as long in your oven. Happy Baking!
      ~Tonia

• Amy says

Sometimes the oil I am using causes it to smoke and burn more quickly. I like to use coconut oil spray or grapeseed oil instead of the spray kind. I hope this helps!

Hi Jordan,
      I’m not really sure. I looked online and a large head of cauliflower is 210 calories, but I’m not sure if that mean the entire thing, including the stalk or if it just means the florets that you eat. So, assuming all of the olive oil, 1 large head of cauliflower and powdered ranch in the recipe is consumed (none left on the pan) that would be a total of 471.5 calories. If you make it 4 servings, that would be 117.9 per serving. Happy baking!
      ~Tonia

3. Sharidan Dillon says

I made this last night. I’ve never had cauliflower before in my life, so I was a little nervous. I’m a BIG potato lover, so I just had to try them to see if they actually tasted like french fries. I was so pleased! They were great. They tasted very much like potatoes. I actually didn’t have any of the actual ranch mix, so I had to make my own. I can’t wait to try this again with the actual mix. Thank you!

4. bonnie happell says

Hellol….I am so glad that I stumbled upon this site. To have such wonderful things to be part of. Thanks for making your printable recipes at a nice readable size, sometimes no matter what I do, the print stays small. I am looking forward to spending alot of time here. Thanks again.

Hi Bonnie,
      I am delighted you stopped by and I look forward to having you as a follower. I am glad to hear that the recipes are user-friendly.
      ~Tonia

5. Chris says

I am so confused…. You don’t toss and coat before putting in pan. Then you spray the cauliflower and coat again? Please clarify!

Hi Chris,
      I didn’t coat it with ranch before putting it in the pan because I wanted any additional ranch to stick to the parchment. I wanted a double layer of the powdered ranch so I did it twice before starting to cook it. I figured that if I tried to toss with olive oil again it would “rinse” off the powdered ranch that was already sticking to the cauliflower. So, coat with olive oil, add powdered ranch, spray with cooking spray, add more powdered ranch, bake for 15 minutes, spray with cooking oil, add powdered ranch and finish baking. Hopefully that makes sense to you. If not, be creative in how you prepare it and come back to share what method you used!
      ~Tonia

6. Trish Butler says

I had my husband print this the other day and we were going to have it tonight with our chicken marsala but I started feeling bad so no go today. Boooooooooo. Even sick, I can’t wait to have it next weekend. Sounds so good.