This Bacon Roasted Cauliflower recipe is a great snack or side dish and it’s the most delicious way to eat more cauliflower!
There have been times when my kids have asked me what food is healthy and my reply always starts out with “It depends on who you ask!” Followed with some words of wisdom from their great grandma “Moderation in all things.”
Then I tell them that I believe healthy eating should include lots of real foods, fruit, veggies, meat, eggs, and water. The other foods like desserts or prepackaged foods should be eaten occasionally and in moderation.
This is one of those recipes. It does have cauliflower (a veggie) and bacon (a protein) so it is great for a paleo diet, keto diet or low carb diet, but I think great grandma’s advice about moderation should be taken into consideration.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
How To Make Bacon Roasted Cauliflower
Cut the stem off of a head of cauliflower and break the cauliflower into florets. Cut or break into smaller pieces.
Rinse the cauliflower florets and spread on a rimmed baking sheet. Cut four slices of thick-cut bacon into small pieces and add them to them cauliflower on the baking sheet.
Bake in the oven at 400° for 25-30 minutes, until tender and browned, stirring every 5 minutes so that the cauliflower is coated in bacon grease.
If you want your cauliflower even more browned, you can cook it longer but watch it carefully so that the bacon and cauliflower don’t burn.
Taste the cauliflower and sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired, and serve warm. Bacon Roasted Cauliflower is a great side dish or snack and it’s the most delicious way to eat more cauliflower!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 4 slices thick cut bacon
- Optional: salt and pepper
- Cut the stem off of a head of cauliflower and break the cauliflower into florets. Cut or break into smaller pieces and rinse.
- Spread cauliflower on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Cut four slices of thick-cut bacon into small pieces (mine were about 1/2 inch wide) and add them to them cauliflower on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes, until tender and browned, stirring every 5 minutes so that the cauliflower is coated in bacon grease. (You can cook it longer to brown it more, but watch it carefully so that it doesn't burn.)
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve warm.
Love Cauliflower? Also try these recipes:
Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
(includes hidden cauliflower)