This Bacon Roasted Cauliflower recipe is a great snack or side dish and it’s the most delicious way to eat more cauliflower!
There have been times when my kids have asked me what food is healthy and my reply always starts out with “It depends on who you ask!” Followed with some words of wisdom from their great grandma “Moderation in all things.”
Then I tell them that I believe healthy eating should include lots of real foods, fruit, veggies, meat, eggs, and water. The other foods like desserts or prepackaged foods should be eaten occasionally and in moderation.
This is one of those recipes. It does have cauliflower (a veggie) and bacon (a protein) so it is great for a paleo diet, keto diet or low carb diet, but I think great grandma’s advice about moderation should be taken into consideration.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
Where is the Bacon Roasted Cauliflower recipe? In this post, I will share step-by-step instructions with photos for how to make the cauliflower, as well as answering FAQs about the recipe and sharing a short video showing the recipe in motion. But you can go directly to the recipes by scrolling down to the bottom of the post.
How To Make Bacon Roasted Cauliflower
Step One: Cut Cauliflower
Chop the stem off of a head of cauliflower and separate the cauliflower into florets. Cut or break them into smaller bite size pieces.
Step Two: Rinse and add bacon
Rinse the cauliflower florets and spread on a rimmed baking sheet. Cut four slices of thick-cut bacon into small pieces and add them to the cauliflower spacing them out on the baking sheet so they are even.
Bake in the oven at 400° for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes so that the cauliflower is coated in bacon grease. Do this until tender and browned.
If you want your cauliflower even more browned, you can cook it longer but watch it carefully so that the bacon and cauliflower don’t burn.
Taste the cauliflower and sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired, and serve warm.
Bacon Roasted Cauliflower FAQs:
1. What can I serve this with? You could serve as a side with a chicken or beef main dish.
2. What else could I add to this? For some more flavor, you could add garlic, onion or top it with cheese.
3. Can I make this ahead of time and reheat them? Yes. Reheat roasted vegetables at 425˚F for 15-20 minutes or until hot. You can use the microwave but they won’t be as crunchy.
Love Cauliflower? Try these recipes:
Microwave Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice Recipe is a healthy and low carb, easy side dish to serve for dinner. Try it with stir fry or kabobs!
This Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip not only includes four kinds of cheese, but it is also packed with veggies. Bring this easy spinach dip appetizer to a party or potluck!
Pork Fried Cauliflower Rice is an easy low carb meal that is chock full of veggies! It’s so tasty your family won’t even miss the rice.
An easy 3-ingredient recipe for how to make cauliflower pizza crust by Wholesome Yum! There’s even an option to avoid squeezing. This will be your favorite low carb cauliflower pizza crust recipe.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 4 slices thick cut bacon
- Optional: salt and pepper
- Cut the stem off of a head of cauliflower and break the cauliflower into florets. Cut or break into smaller pieces and rinse.
- Spread cauliflower on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Cut four slices of thick-cut bacon into small pieces (mine were about 1/2 inch wide) and add them to them cauliflower on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes, until tender and browned, stirring every 5 minutes so that the cauliflower is coated in bacon grease. (You can cook it longer to brown it more, but watch it carefully so that it doesn't burn.)
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve warm.
Nutrition facts do not include salt and pepper.