When it comes to appetizers what could be better than combining macaroni and cheese with bacon? These Bacon Mac and Cheese Bites are easy to make and are perfect for serving at parties. They can be prepared ahead of time and warmed up right before serving.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links to the tools used to make these cookies. There is no additional cost to you, but I will earn a small commission if you purchase through those links. Thank you for your support!
**Note: I’ve gotten a few questions about the bottom of the muffin pan in this photo. The only thing in the bottom of the pan is cooking spray oil. The reflection of light is making it look more noticeable.
First, line greased muffin pan cups with precooked bacon. I used Homel Black Label Fully Cooked Bacon. This is our favorite precooked bacon and I love that it comes in a large package so there is enough for everyone in the family to have it for several meals.
Next, fill the cups with macaroni and cheese. You can use your favorite homemade recipe or used the boxed kind. I used Annie’s Shells and White Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese and added one cup of finely shredded cheddar cheese.
Sprinkle the mac ‘n cheese with Italian panko. I used Progresso Italian Panko Style Breadcrumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Serve these tasty bites while warm. The Bacon Mac n’ Cheese Cups can be prepared ahead of time and warmed up in the microwave before serving. Bacon Mac and Cheese Cups are a cheesy party appetizer that everyone will love.
- 12 slices precooked bacon
- 1 box macaroni and cheese (shells or elbow noodles)
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup Italian Panko breadcrumbs
- Line a greased muffin pan with slices of precooked bacon.
- Bring water to a boil, add noodles and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain water.
- Add milk, butter, cheese sauce packet from the mac 'n cheese box and shredded cheese. Stir until combined.
- Divide the macaroni and cheese between the cups in the muffin pan.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Here are a few more cheesy appetizer recipes to try: