Homemade Banana Syrup is delicious in coffee, on ice cream, and in Italian cream sodas! This simple syrup is made with only 3 ingredients.
If you like banana desserts, you are going to love this banana syrup recipe! It tastes like banana cream pie, it’s easy to make, and it can be used in so many ways.
What This Post Includes
Banana Syrup Ingredients
You only need three ingredients to make this recipe. It is a simple syrup with banana flavoring added to it.
- Sugar: The granulated sugar dissolves in the water. It sweetens and thickens the syrup.
- Water: The water keeps the syrup thin so that you can add it to drinks or pour on cold treats.
- Flavoring: We used Lorann banana cream flavoring to add the banana flavor. It is available at craft stores and online as well.
How To Make Banana Syrup
Ingredients: Put the granulated sugar and water in a saucepan and stir to combine.
Boil: Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Boil for one minute and then remove from heat. Allow the syrup to cool for 10-15 minutes.
Flavor: Stir in the banana cream flavoring and then allow the syrup to cool before using it.
Once the banana simple syrup has cooled completely, transfer it to a bottle or jar with a lid.
- Fridge: Allow the syrup to cool completely before transferring it to a bottle with a lid. Store it in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
- Freezer: For longer storage, you can put the syrup in a freezer-safe, airtight container and freeze it for several months.
Banana Syrup Label
You can use this banana syrup label for your bottle, jar, or container! Download the label to your computer, print it, cut it out, and glue it to the bottle.
Ways To Use Banana Syrup
We made this banana syrup to use in our banana milkshakes and to pour over ice cream. But we had to try it some other ways as well, and I’m telling you…it is so good!
Steam 1/4 cup of milk with one tablespoon of banana syrup and one tablespoon of vanilla syrup. Top with 6 ounces of strong coffee.
Put half a cup of ice cubes into a glass. Pour one cup of lemon-lime soda or sparkling water over the ice. Add 1/4 cup of half and half and top with two tablespoons of banana syrup. Stir until combined.
Put crushed ice into a paper cone and top it with two tablespoons of syrup. Add a ball of crushed ice on top and drizzle with another tablespoon of syrup. We have a post all about snow cones and one about shave ice if you want even more ideas!
What Others Want To Know
It is a simple syrup made with sugar, water, and flavoring.
No, one is a simple syrup, and the other is a concentrated flavoring.
No, it can not be used as a substitute for fresh bananas in recipes unless it is for flavor only, such as on a banana split.
More Banana Recipes
- Banana Muffins – A great way to start the day!
- Banana Cream Pie – It’s a classic for a good reason.
- Banana Cupcakes – Easy to make with a white cake mix!
- Banana Cheesecake – Smooth, creamy, and irresistible.
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon banana cream flavor
- Stir together granulated sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil stirring occasionally. Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Allow the syrup to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the banana cream flavor.
- Cool to room temperature and transfer into a bottle or jar.
- Store in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks or store in the freezer in an airtight container.