An Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich features an Oreo cookie with Oreo ice cream in the middle! These tasty, bite-sized treats are perfect for summer.
You already love Oreo cookies; now, just imagine them with ice cream in the middle! Sounds pretty amazing, right?!! These Oreo ice cream sandwiches are super easy to make and really fun to serve to your family and friends.
What You’ll Find In This Post
Ingredients You’ll Need
We used the original Oreos with chocolate wafers and vanilla cream in the middle for a classic cookies and cream flavor. But why not have fun and use other flavors as well? Try Golden Oreos for a vanilla flavor or birthday cake cookies for cake lovers.
For the maximum flavor, we suggest using Oreo ice cream. You can use our easy, no-churn Oreo ice cream recipe, buy a store-bought version, or mix crushed Oreo into softened vanilla ice cream.
How To Make An Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich
Twist the top and bottom wafers of the Oreo cookies in the opposite direction to gently separate them. Leave the cream filling intact.
Use a #60 dough scoop (about two tablespoons) or a small ice cream scoop to scoop slightly soften ice cream. Place the ice cream scoops on half of the chocolate cookie wafers.
Top with a second chocolate cookie wafer and gently press them together to flatten the ice cream.
Immediately place them on a plate or a tray, with space between each cookie, in the freezer to harden. Once they’ve hardened, transfer them to a freezer bag or container for storage.
More Ways To Prepare
Soft Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches
- If you prefer a softer cookie, you can use Oreo Cakesters! Place the Cakesters in the freezer for a couple of hours to harden before getting started.
- When you are ready, remove the Cakesters and use a knife to carefully cut through the filling to separate the two cake halves.
- Then, add the softened ice cream, replace the top cake half, and freeze until hardened.
Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich Bars
- To turn these into bars, line an 8-inch square pan with foil. Cover the bottom of the pan with 16 Oreo cookies in a single layer.
- Spread one pint (two cups) of softened Oreo ice cream over the cookies. Then, top with 16 additional cookies.
- Cover the pan and place it in the freezer for at least two hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer and use the foil to lift it from the pan.
- Then, cut it into eight bars, with each bar having two cookies on top.
What Others Want To Know
The Oreos will soften somewhat over time, but they are still slightly crunchy.
You can store them in the freezer for 2-4 weeks.
Yes, you can use any Oreo cookie you want to make these treats! We suggest trying peanut butter and java chip.
More Oreo Recipes
For Oreo lovers, there are more recipes you can make using your favorite cookies!
- Oreo Pops – Perfect for parties!
- Pumpkin Oreo Balls – Adorable for Halloween!
- Fried Oreos – Fair food at its finest.
- Chocolate Mint Oreo Fudge – An irresistible combination.
Additional Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches – Vanilla ice cream sandwiched between two peanut butter cookies with mini chocolate chips.
- Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Sandwiches – Use two peanut butter cups instead of cookies to make amazing ice cream sandwiches.
Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich
- 10 Oreos
- ¾ cup Oreo ice cream slightly softened
- Gently separate the Oreo cookie wafers by twisting them in opposite directions. Leave the cream filling intact.
- Use a #60 cookie dough scoop (about two tablespoons) or a small ice cream scoop to add the Oreo ice cream to half of the chocolate wafers.
- Top each with a second chocolate wafer and press to flatten the ice cream between the cookies.
- Immediately place them in the freezer on a tray or plate with space between them. Freeze for at least two hours, or until hardened, and then transfer to a freezer bag or container for storage.
Leave a Reply