A pretty Bubblegum Milkshake brings you back to childhood with vanilla ice cream, bubblegum flavoring, whipped cream, and gumballs on top!
Gumballs are a happy, cheerful candy that all kids love! This bubblegum milkshake combines gumballs with vanilla ice cream for a unique treat. Our kids used to get bubblegum ice cream from a local ice cream shop, and their favorite part was getting to chew the gum afterward.
In This Post
What You’ll Need
- Milk: We always use whole milk to help keep the milkshake thick and creamy. You can use skim milk if you want but start with less since it is thinner.
- Ice Cream: Vanilla ice cream is the perfect base for this milkshake since it will allow the bubblegum flavor to show through. You could also use strawberry ice cream for a strawberry bubblegum shake.
- Flavoring: We used Lorann bubblegum flavoring. It is available at select craft stores and online. You may be able to find bubblegum syrup online but keep in mind that you will need to add more syrup than flavoring.
- Food Coloring: To increase the pink color of the shake, we added a little pink food coloring.
- Toppings: Whipped cream and pink gumballs look so cute on top. If you prefer not to use gumballs, we suggest using large pink sprinkles instead.
How To Make A Bubblegum Milkshake
Put the whole milk and vanilla ice cream in the blender, along with bubblegum flavoring and pink food coloring.
Blend until the shake is smooth. Depending on your blender, you may need to stop it and stir the ingredients before continuing to blend the shake.
Pour into glasses, top with whipped cream and pink gumballs, and serve it with a pink straw.
Other Ways To Make It
Blue Bubblegum Shake
To make a blue version, use 1/2 teaspoon of bubblegum flavoring, one teaspoon of blueberry flavoring, and blue food coloring. Top the shake with whipped cream and blue gumballs.
Strawberry Bubblegum Milkshake
Strawberry bubblegum is another popular flavor! Add 1/2 teaspoon of bubblegum flavoring, one teaspoon of strawberry flavoring, and pink food coloring.
You can make a layered milkshake by alternating pink and blue milkshakes in chilled glasses. Make one flavor and divide it between two glasses. Put the glasses in the freezer while making the second flavor. Then, pour the second flavor over the first.
What Others Want To Know
Yes, it has a light bubblegum flavor. You can make it more intense by adding more bubblegum flavoring.
No, the bubblegum flavoring makes it taste like gum. There are gumballs on top of the milkshake, though.
The gumballs are for decoration, but the best part is that you get to chew the gum after you’ve enjoyed your milkshake.
More Milkshake Recipes
- Brownie Milkshake – Tastes like a brownie a la mode!
- Blueberry Milkshake – Make with fresh blueberries and vanilla ice cream.
- Banana Milkshake – Add banana syrup for even more banana flavor.
- S’mores Milkshake – Like a s’more in liquid form.
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream slightly softened
- ½ teaspoon bubblegum flavoring or more for a stronger flavor
- ½ cup whipped cream
- 6 pink gumballs
- pink food coloring
- Put the whole milk, vanilla ice cream, and bubblegum flavoring into the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into two chilled glasses.
- Top with whipped cream and gumballs.
Leave a Reply