Easy pepperoni rolls are a great appetizer! Whether you make these pizza balls with biscuits, bread dough, or crescent rolls they are sure to be a family favorite. Moms like them because they are easy to make and kids will like them because they are bite-sized pizzas!
Every time I make Easy Pepperoni Rolls I get rave reviews They are super easy to make and are a great snack or appetizer. These pizza balls are Pillsbury biscuits filled with pepperoni and cheese.
Disclaimer: This post contains links to products for making this recipe. If you use those links, I may earn a commission. Learn more here.
How To Make Easy Pepperoni Rolls
Gather the following ingredients: 3 cans Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits (10 biscuits per can), pepperoni slices, Colby & Monterey Jack cheese, eggs, grated Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pizza sauce.
Cut the block of Colby & Monterey Jack cheese into at least 28 squares.
Flatten a biscuit into a circle. Stack a slice of pepperoni, a cube of cheese, and a second slice of pepperoni on top of the dough circle.
Gather up the edges of the biscuit around the stack of pepperoni slices and cheese cube.
Pinch the dough together and now you have a cute little bundle.
Continue until there are 28 pepperoni rolls.
Line the pepperoni rolls up (seam side down) in a greased 9×13 in. pan.
Brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
Bake at 375Â°F for 18-20 minutes, until golden brown.
Serve the rolls with warm pizza sauce for dipping.
Easy Pepperoni Rolls Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can these easy pepperoni rolls be frozen and reheated?
Yes! Follow all of the steps and fully bake the pepperoni rolls. Allow them to cool completely and then freeze them in an air-tight container. To reheat the pepperoni rolls, bake them in the oven at 350Â°F for 10-15 minutes.
2. Can easy pepperoni rolls be prepared ahead of time and baked before serving? Possibly. Pillsbury dough is formulated to be baked right after you open the tube of dough. For the best possible results, use bread dough instead of Pillsbury dough to prepare the pepperoni rolls ahead of time.
3. If I can’t purchase Pillsbury biscuits, what can I use instead? Bread dough is a great alternative to Pillsbury biscuits. An easy option is Rhodes frozen bread dough. Follow the directions on the package for thawing the dough so that it is ready when you want to make the pepperoni rolls. Another option is to use crescent roll dough.
4. Can I use Pillsbury Grands biscuits instead? Yes! Cut the biscuits in half before flattening them since they are bigger in size.
5. Is the egg wash necessary? The egg wash helps the toppings stick and tops of the pepperoni rolls brown. They can be made without it if preferred.
6. Can other cheeses be used? Definitely! Use whichever cheese you prefer. You can even use shredded cheese, cheese sticks or string cheese.
7. What about other toppings and fillings? These pepperoni rolls can easily be turned into anything you want! I’ve made sausage pizza balls, mac ‘n cheese balls, bacon cheeseburger pizza balls, cheese bombs, and taco bites.