Colorful Fruity Pebbles Ice Cream is a flavorful treat loved by kids and adults alike! You can make this no churn ice cream at home.
The iconic taste of Fruity Pebbles cereal has been popular for over 50 years! You can find it on donuts, cookies, and candy bars. Now you can make homemade Fruity Pebble ice cream with only a few simple ingredients.
What You’ll Find In This Post
What You’ll Need For This Recipe
- Fruity Pebbles: This crispy rice cereal is used to make cereal milk to flavor the ice cream and is incorporated in the ice cream as well.
- Whole Milk: Use the whole milk to soak up the flavor of the fruity cereal.
- Cream: Heavy whipping cream is the base of the ice cream and gives it a light and airy texture.
- Milk: Sweetened condensed milk adds sweetness and helps to create a smooth texture.
- Vanilla: Vanilla extract adds flavor to the ice cream. You can substitute other extracts, such as strawberry, raspberry, or orange, for a fruitier flavor.
How To Make Cereal Milk
Put one cup of fruit-flavored crispy rice cereal into a bowl and pour one cup of whole milk over it. Stir until the cereal is moistened, cover the bowl, and place it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Remove the bowl from the fridge and strain out the cereal until you have half a cup of fruity cereal milk.
How To Make Fruity Pebbles Ice Cream
Once the cereal milk is ready, it’s time to make the no churn ice cream!
Use a stand mixer with the whisk attachment to beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
Fold in the sweetened condensed milk, 3/4 cup of Fruity Pebbles, cereal milk, and vanilla.
Spread the mixture in a 9-inch loaf pan, top with the remaining cereal, cover, and freeze until firm.
Ways To Use Fruity Cereal Milk Ice Cream
Our favorite way to eat it is to simply scoop it out of the loaf pan into a bowl and eat it with a spoon! But why not also use it to make some fun treats? Here are a few more ideas:
Fruity Pebbles Milkshake
You can use the ice cream to make a fun Fruity Pebbles Milkshake that is as tasty as it is colorful!
- Put 1/2 cup of whole milk and two cups of fruity pebbles ice cream into the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into two chilled glasses and top with whipped cream and additional pieces of cereal or colorful sprinkles. Enjoy immediately!
Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Put scoops of ice cream on sugar cookies.
- Top with additional sugar cookies and gently squish the ice cream between them.
- Coat the edge of the ice cream with fruity cereal.
- Place them in the freezer to harden, and then store them in the freezer in an airtight container.
Fruity Pebbles Ice Cream Bars
- Line a 9-inch square pan with foil and lay vanilla sandwich cookies on the bottom.
- Spread the ice cream over the cookies and top with another layer of cookies.
- Cover and freezer until hardened.
- Remove from the freezer and use the foil to lift it out of the pan. Cut it into bars.
- Coat the edges of the bars with additional fruity cereal.
Make Ahead and Storage
This is the perfect dessert to make ahead of time since it needs at least eight hours in the freezer before you can enjoy it!
You can store the leftovers in the loaf pan by tightly wrapping it with plastic wrap, followed by a layer of foil. Or you can transfer it to an airtight container. Store it in the freezer for 2-4 weeks.
What Others Want To Know
It is ice cream made with milk that soaked up the flavor of the cereal of your choice.
It tastes like vanilla ice cream with the light flavor of fruity cereal.
Melt 1/3 cup of white chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon of shortening. Pour it over one cup of Fruity Pebbles and stir until the cereal is coated. Spread it out on a piece of parchment paper to set. Break it into small pieces before stirring it into the ice cream.
More Ice Cream Recipes
- Marshmallow Ice Cream – It’s a classic, but it remains popular because it is so good!
- Cotton Candy Ice Cream – A kid’s dream come true!
- Oreo Ice Cream – An easy no-churn cookies ‘n cream ice cream.
- Biscoff Ice Cream – Vanilla ice cream with cookie butter and cookie crumbles.
Fruity Pebbles Ice Cream
- 2 cups Fruity Pebbles divided
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Put the whole and one cup of Fruity Pebbles in a bowl in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Strain the milk from the Fruity Pebbles so that you end up with 1/2 cup of whole milk. Discard the cereal remanents.
- Whip the pint of heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Stir in the sweetened condensed milk, 3/4 cup of Fruity Pebbles, cereal milk, and vanilla.
- Pour into a loaf pan and top with the remaining cereal.
- Tightly cover the pan with plastic wrap and place it in the freezer for 8 hours or overnight, until firm.