Oreo Ice Cream is filled with the flavor of your favorite sandwich cookies! This no churn ice cream recipe has crumbles and chunks of Oreos.
Of all the ice cream options, cookies and cream ice cream ranks near the top of the most popular flavors! Who can resist the creamy ice cream dotted with chunks of chocolate cookie wafers? This homemade Oreo ice cream recipe is so delicious and easy to make that you’ll never want to buy the store-bought kind again!
In This Post
Oreo Ice Cream Flavors
One of the things we love about this recipe is that you can make endless flavors, especially if you try using seasonal and limited-edition Oreo cookies! From s’mores and lemon in the summer to gingerbread and hot cocoa in the winter, you can really get creative. Here are a few more to try:
Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream
If you love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter, try making ice cream with peanut butter Oreos instead of the original ones. After spreading the ice cream out in the loaf pan, put 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter dollops on the top and use a knife to swirl the peanut butter throughout the ice cream. Then, top with the remaining peanut butter Oreo pieces.
For a birthday cake ice cream, use birthday cake Oreos! Add colorful sprinkles to the ice cream and cookie batter, and sprinkle some more on top along with the cookie pieces.
Mint Oreo Ice Cream
Chocolate mint Oreos are the perfect choice for chocolate mint fans! And for some extra mint flavor, use a teaspoon of peppermint extract instead of vanilla extract. If you want the ice cream to be green, add a few drops of green food coloring.
No Churn Ice Cream Ingredients
Cream: Heavy whipping cream is the base, and it makes give the ice cream that light, airy ice cream texture.
Milk: The sweetened condensed milk adds sweetness and helps give the ice cream its smooth texture.
Vanilla: A little vanilla extract adds a lot of flavor to the ice cream. You can swap the vanilla out with other extracts depending on what kind of cookies you use.
Oreos: We put chopped Oreos inside the ice cream and more on top for good measure. Be sure to include the tiny cookie crumbles from the cutting board because they add to the flavor and texture of the ice cream.
How To Make Oreo Ice Cream
Whipped Cream: Beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
Stir: Fold in the sweetened condensed milk and 1-1/4 cups of chopped Oreos until combined.
Chill: Spread the ice cream mixture in a 9-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of chopped Oreos over the top. Cover the pan tightly with plastic wrap and chill it in the freezer for at least eight hours or overnight.
Make Ahead and Storage
Homemade no-churn cookies and cream ice cream has to be made ahead of time because you need to give it time to harden in the freezer. So plan ahead and make the ice cream the day before you want to serve it.
Transfer the leftover ice cream with Oreo cookies to an airtight container, or you can tightly wrap the loaf pan with plastic wrap and foil if you prefer. Then, store it in the freezer for 2-4 weeks.
Ways To Use Oreo Ice Cream
The easiest way to is to simply scoop it out of the loaf pan into a bowl and eat it with a spoon! But why let the fun stop there? We also love making little Oreo cookie sandwiches that we can grab from the freezer for a quick treat. Here are a few more ideas:
- Oreo Blizzard – Put 1/2 cup of whole milk and 2 cups of Oreo cookies ice cream into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Oreo Sundae – Put the ice cream in a bowl or sundae dish and top it with chocolate sauce, whipped cream, and Oreo pieces.
- Oreo Ice Cream Cake – Crush twenty Oreos and stir in five tablespoons of melted butter. Press into a 9-inch square pan or a springform pan. Freeze the crust for 15-20 minutes, and then spread softened chocolate Oreo ice cream over the crust. Top it with chocolate sauce, whipped topping, and Oreo pieces. Freeze until firm.
What Others Want To Know
You can store it in an airtight container in the freezer for 2-4 weeks.
It is called heavy cream or heavy whipping cream, depending on the brand. You’ll find it in the dairy case at the grocery store. It contains at least 36% milk fat.
No, that is the best part about no-churn ice cream! That being said, it does help to have a mixer for beating the heavy cream into stiff peaks.
More No Churn Ice Cream Recipes
- S’mores Ice Cream – Classic combination of chocolate, marshmallow, and graham crackers.
- Peach Ice Cream – Made with raspberry swirls throughout.
- Gingerbread Ice Cream – Perfect for the holiday season.
- Cotton Candy Ice Cream – Tastes like the county fair!
- Marshmallow Ice Cream – Smooth, creamy, and full of marshmallow flavor.
Oreo Ice Cream
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups chopped Oreos divided
- Whip the pint of heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and 1-1/4 cups of chopped Oreos.
- Pour into a loaf pan and spread it out evenly.
- Top with the remaining chopped Oreos.
- Tightly cover the pan with plastic wrap and place it in the freezer for 8 hours or overnight, until firm.