Sweet, fluffy Marshmallow Ice Cream is a delight! This no churn ice cream recipe is made with 4 ingredients and swirls of marshmallow cream.
Marshmallow ice cream has a light, sweet flavor that has been popular since the early 1900s. It is often served with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and sprinkles. You can also use it to make ice cream sundaes and milkshakes.
What You’ll Find In This Post
What You’ll Need To Make This Recipe
- Cream: Heavy whipping cream is the base of the ice cream and gives it a light, airy texture. It also helps to create a smooth, creamy feel in your mouth.
- Milk: Sweetened condensed milk adds sweetness and richness to the ice cream. It also helps to prevent the ice cream from forming ice crystals.
- Marshmallow Cream: The marshmallow fluff is used in two ways. It is mixed into the ice cream and also swirled throughout.
- Vanilla: Vanilla extract adds a subtle yet delicious flavor to the ice cream. If you want to increase the marshmallow flavor, try adding a bottle of marshmallow flavoring. You can also use other extracts, such as coconut or almond extract, to add a different flavor to the ice cream.
How To Make Marshmallow Ice Cream
Use a stand mixer with the whisk attachment to beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
Fold in the sweetened condensed milk, half of the marshmallow cream, and vanilla extract until combined.
Spread the ice cream into a 9-inch loaf pan. Top it with dollops of marshmallow fluff, and use a knife to swirl it through the ice cream.
Cover the loaf pan tightly with plastic wrap and place it in the freezer for at least eight hours or overnight to solidify.
Other Ways To Make It
Chocolate Marshmallow Ice Cream
Chocolate marshmallow ice cream reminds me of my childhood summers, and eating it in ice cream cones in the backyard.
- Melt six ounces of dark chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and continue melting it in 15-second intervals, stirring after each time, until smooth. Then, set it aside to cool.
- Follow the recipe as directed and fold the cooled chocolate into the whipped cream along with the other ingredients.
- Spread the mixture in a loaf pan, swirl in the remaining marshmallow fluff cover, and chill until solid.
Toasted Marshmallow Ice Cream
Toasted marshmallow ice cream will give you s’mores ice cream vibes even without the chocolate and graham crackers!
- Spread half of the marshmallow fluff on a rimmed baking sheet. Toast under the broiler for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the oven and set it aside to cool.
- Follow the recipe as directed, scrape the toasted marshmallow fluff from the pan, and fold it into the whipped cream, along with the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla, in place of the marshmallow fluff.
- Spread the ice cream mixture in a loaf pan, swirl in the remaining marshmallow fluff, cover the pan and chill until hardened.
Ice Cream Sandwiches
You can use softened ice cream to make some simple ice cream sandwiches using graham crackers or cookies!
- Scoop the ice cream onto graham cracker squares.
- Top with additional squares and gently press down to flatten the ice cream.
- Immediately move them to the freezer to harden and then transfer them to an airtight container and store them in the freezer.
Make Ahead and Storage
This easy no-churn marshmallow ice cream needs time to harden in the freezer, so be sure to plan ahead and make it at least one day before you want to enjoy it!
For storage, you can either tightly wrap the loaf pan with plastic wrap and then with foil. Or you can transfer the leftover to an airtight container. Then, store it in the freezer for 2-4 weeks.
What Others Want To Know
This no-churn recipe is made with heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, marshmallow cream, and vanilla.
It includes marshmallow cream, and you can stir in mini marshmallows if you want!
It tastes like creamy, vanilla marshmallow fluff.
Additional Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
- Biscoff Ice Cream – This recipe includes Biscoff cookies and cookie butter!
- Oreo Ice Cream – You can make everyone’s favorite cookie in ice cream form.
- Cotton Candy Ice Cream – Kids will love this cool, creamy version of their fair favorite.
- Fruity Pebbles Ice Cream – It tastes even better than your childhood breakfast!
Marshmallow Ice Cream
- Whip the pint of heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the sweetened condensed milk, 1/2 of the marshmallow cream, and the vanilla into whipped cream.
- Pour into a loaf pan.
- Top with remaining marshmallow cream and swirl with a knife.
- Tightly cover the pan with plastic wrap and place it in the freezer for 8 hours or overnight, until firm.