This Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce recipe is super easy to whip up and is delicious on chicken wings, chicken tenders, pasta, and even popcorn!
When our kids were teens, they would take weekly turns making dinner for our family. Our son loved making copycat Buffalo Wild Wings garlic parmesan sauce for pasta and wings. We also enjoy putting the sauce on boneless chicken wings as a mild option alongside the traditional spicy buffalo wings.
What You’ll Find In This Post
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Our favorite things about homemade garlic parmesan sauce are that it is made with only five ingredients and it takes less than five minutes to make! Crispy chicken wings have the perfect surface for the sauce to cling to, and if you like Buffalo Wild Wings, you know that garpar sauce brings wings to the next level. Plus, you can use the sauce on more than just wings!
Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce Ingredients
- Butter: The melted butter adds fat and flavor and holds everything together.
- Parmesan: Grated, aged parmesan adds texture and flavor.
- Garlic Powder: We used garlic powder for this recipe; however, you can substitute with 2 teaspoons of fresh minced garlic if preferred.
- Black Pepper: The black pepper adds a touch of spice to this mild sauce.
- Parsley: The parsley adds to the flavor and color of the sauce. You swap out the parsley with basil or oregano for a different flavor profile.
How To Make Garlic Parmesan Sauce For Wings
Add Ingredients: Start by melting the butter in the microwave. Then, add the grated parmesan, garlic powder, parsley, and black pepper to the melted butter.
Combine: Stir the sauce until it is well combined, and the larger clumps are gone.
Coat The Wings: Stir or toss the wings in the sauce until well coated.
- Buffalo Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce: To make buffalo garlic parmesan wing sauce, follow the recipe as directed but add 1/4 cup of buffalo sauce.
- Spicy Garlic Parmesan Sauce: For spicy sauce, add a couple of teaspoons of hot sauce, a 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red peppers to make it hotter. You can start with a small amount, taste the sauce, and then add more as needed.
- Make Ahead: Prepare the garlic parm wing sauce per the recipe and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days. When ready to use, reheat the sauce in the microwave and apply to the wings as directed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Garlic parmesan sauce is made with melted butter, grated parmesan, garlic, parsley, and black pepper.
No, garlic parmesan wing sauce is mild.
More Sauces To Try
- Garlic butter sauce is a super popular wing sauce!
- Use teriyaki sauce for a sweet and savory flavor.
- You can use blue cheese sauce as a dip or a coating.
- Put cheese sauce and ranch dressing in small bowls for dipping wings in!
Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- Melt the butter in the microwave in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the grated parmesan cheese, garlic powder, black pepper, and dried parsley.
- Stir the sauce until it is well combined and the larger clumps of parmesan are gone.
- Add to cooked chicken wings, chicken tenders, pasta, or popcorn and stir to coat.